Sorry, but Martin Yale 5000CC Cross Cut Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Martin Yale 5000CC Cross Cut Shredder
- Shreds paper, CDs, credit cards, access entry cards, IDs, and floppy disks
- Handles paper clips and staples too
- On / Off control via light barrier
- Separate safety slot for credit card and CD shredding
- LED controls
- Dustproof waste basket enclosed in a solid wood cabinet
- Easy emptying by pulling out the waste basket
- Stores and moves easily on 4 locking casters
- Shred Size: 1/8" x 1-5/8"
- Shred Type: Cross-cut
- Capacity: 19-22 sheet (approx)
- Throat Size: 10 inches
- Shred Container: 18 Gallon
- Supply Voltage: 120v
- Power Consumption: 0.5hp
- Dimensions: 331/4
Martin Yale 5000 Cross Cut Shredder Review
For 60 years Martin Yale has been producing quality shredders and their 5000 Cross Cut is one more example of time tested craftsmanship. Built for departmental use in a medium office, this shredder can power through stacks of paper and multiple media types. A clear display and large push buttons offer simple operation. Here are some of the pros and cons.
- Though designed for use in a department, this machine is just under three feet tall and can be stored in a small space if needed. It does weigh a decent 89 pounds empty but the locking casters mounted on the bottom offer effortless mobility.
- A single switch powers up the machine into a ready to use, stand-by mode. A light barrier controls the automatic on/off, sensing items in the feed and turning on the blades as needed. An LED panel clearly shows your shredder’s status. It includes options for Stand-by, Paper Jam, Overheat, Receptacle Full or Removed, and Reverse. If there is a problem, this display gives you the opportunity to rapidly discern and resolve the issue.
- Up to 22 sheets of paper can enter the ten inch feed opening at once. The blades devour not only staples and paperclips but also credit cards, access entry cards, ID badges, CDs, and floppy disks. CDs and credit cards are safely taken in through a separate slot in order to minimize potential flying shards.
- The cross cutting mechanism on this shredder convert full sized documents into minute pieces, only 1/8 inch by 1-5/8 in size. These small units offer a level 3 security rating and keep personal information from getting into the wrong hands. They also fill up the bin much slower than traditional strips.
- The shreds fall into a sizable 18 gallon waste container. A wooden, dustproof cabinet houses the convenient pull-out bin. The wood acts as a noise reducer by soaking in sound waves from the motor, resulting in a quieter office for you.
- This device only offers a level 3 security rating. For most offices, this keeps information secure enough. Offices needing to dispose of highly classified material may be more interested in one of Martin Yale’s high security models.
- The ten inch feed opening can be limiting. General office documents easily slide in and this may not be a problem for you. However, if your business discards many wide or odd-shaped documents, you should consider a shredder with a wider entry slot.
- An 18 gallon shred bin is on the smaller side for a departmental shredder. Small to medium offices will likely find this to be ample storage space. But if you wish to reduce the number of trips to the trash, a larger shredder with more waste storage might work better for you.
The Martin Yale 5000 Cross Cut Shredder provides an excellent departmental shredder. Medium offices can invest in this single device for all their shredding needs. Automated functions and simple push button controls make this machine a breeze to use. The cross cutting blades render your documents into small particles and keep confidential information secure. The 5000 Cross Cut is a great choice for your next office shredder.
If you are looking to purchase this Martin Yale 5000CC Paper Shredder, you should really check out MyBinding.com. They have a great price on this shredder and they carry the entire line of Martin Yale Paper Shredders. Plus, they offer free shipping on all orders over $75.