Sorry, but Martin Yale UC5500 ScriptStroyer Pharmacy Pill Bottle Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Martin Yale UC5500 ScriptStroyer Pharmacy Pill Bottle Shredder
- Conforms to HIPPA guidelines for patient information destruction
- Destroys plastic bottles, lids, adhesive labels and all paper containing patient information - Reduces risk of identity theft
- Manufactured specifically for pharmaceutical and medical applications
- A stand alone unit designed to fit under the counter
- Quiet running for use in pharmacies or doctors’ offices
- Easily destroys prescription bottles (wet or dry) and caps as well as other
plastic bottles up to 3 1/2” in diameter
- Sheet capacity - 10 sheets of 20-lb. bond paper
- Self-lubricating cylinders make shredding adhesive labels trouble and
- Automatic cutting cylinder oiler included
- 9 1/16" paper throat size
- Uses standard 120 Volt 15 amp service
- 15 amp circuit breaker in back of unit
- Electronic overload on board is 8 amp
- One gallon of oil and funnel included
- Price does not reflect applicable freight or installation charges
- Shred Size 5/32" x 1 1/2"
- Shred Type Cross-cut
- Capacity 10 sheets*
- Speed 10 ft. per minute***
- Throat Size 9 1/16 inches
- Shred Container 12 gallons
- Supply Voltage 115v
- Power Consumption .5hp
- Dimensions 17 1/4” x 21 5/8” x 33”
- Weight 186 lbs. (unpacked)
- Warranty: 3 Year Manufacturer on Parts and Labor, Lifetime on Cutting Cylinders
Martin Yale UC5500 ScriptStroyer Pharmacy Pill Bottle Shredder Review
From the company that invented shredders now comes another great machine, the UC5500 ScriptStroyer Pharmacy Pill Bottle Shredder. Designed specifically for the health care industry, the ScriptStroyer is capable of destroying any confidential prescription information, no matter the form. Empty bottles and prescription are torn to pieces by the powerful blades on this device. Here is a more detailed look at this amazing machine.
- The biggest strength of this shredder is its ability to devour prescription bottles. A special pull out door accepts empty pill and cough medicine bottles, dry or wet, as long as they are under 3.5 inches in diameter. Even the lids and adhesive labels are destroyed. Beneath the bottle feed is a slot for paper, handling prescription labels, scripts, receipts, and anything else containing confidential patient information. The demolition of all these items confirms to the HIPAA guidelines for patient information destruction.
- Up to ten sheets at once can be fed into the 9-1/16 inch paper opening. Those sheets are diced as fast as 10 feet per minute. The cross cutting mechanism spits out tiny pieces, only 5/32 inch by 1-1/2 inches in size. This ensures the data on bottles and labels stays safe. The small remnants drop into a 12 gallon waste container easily accessed by a door on the front of the machine.
- With the shredder comes an automatic cutting cylinder oiler. The blades are constantly lubricated to prevent the adhesive from gumming up the cutting shafts. Also included in the price is one gallon of oil, a funnel, and three shredding bags to get you started.
- Since this machine is designed specifically for pharmaceutical and medical uses, its dimensions allow it to sit directly under a pharmacy checkout counter. Even though it’s 33 inches tall, use while under a counter is not a problem since items are inserted on the front of the shredder, not the top. It is also rated for quiet operation.
- This model comes with a one year warranty on parts and labor, which will really come in handy if anything ever goes wrong. The cutting cylinders have an extended five year warranty.
- Although the ability to also shred paper is a bonus, it would be nice if the device offered higher paper shredding security. The shreds created only rate a level 3, moderate but not the high security needed by many confidential institutions. For pharmacy labels and prescription details, this is fine. Items requiring safer disposal will need to be put through a different, high security machine.
- Weighing in at 186 pounds when empty, this is a hefty shredder. Unfortunately, there aren’t any casters on the bottom to aid in the mobility of this device. You will want to use a dolly and make sure it gets put in the right place the first time because it could be a pain to move.
Despite the few weaknesses, the UC5500 ScriptStroyer is an excellent device for any pharmacy. You can safely destroy wet and dry prescription bottle, lids, labels, and patient information. This device keeps your health care office HIPAA compliant. A warranty guarantees quality craftsmanship. We would definitely recommend the ScriptStroyer for any pharmacy.
If you are looking to purchase this Martin Yale ScriptStroyer Shredder, you should really check out MyBinding.com. They have a great price on this shredder and they carry the entire line of Martin Yale Paper Shredders. Plus, they offer free shipping on all orders over $75.