Sorry, but MBM Destroyit 2260 Cross Cut Paper Shredder - DSH0027 is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
MBM Destroyit 2260 Cross Cut Paper Shredder - DSH0027
- High quality wooden cabinet
- Window in cabinet door shows amount of shreds collected
- Integrated, easy-access shred bin eliminates the need for shred bags
- Automatic stop when shred bin is removed from cabinet
- Particle Size : 1/8" x 1"
- Sheet Capacity: 5-6 sheets
- Shred Speed: 12 ft / min.
- Security Level: 3
- Feed Opening: 8 3/4"
- Max. Horsepower: 1/5
- Dimensions: 8 3/4" D x 13 1/2" W x 21" H
- Weight: 28lbs
- Warranty: Lifetime Manufacturer on Shafts and Wheels, 1 Year on all other parts
MBM Destroyit 2260 Cross Cut Paper Shredder Review
MBM Destroyit Shredders are well-known, high quality products and the 2260 Cross Cut is no exception. Backed by a lifetime warranty, the hardened steel blades are powered by a robust single phase motor. A Safety Protection System as well as automatic functions provides secure and uncomplicated use. Here is a more detailed look at the 2260.
- Use of this compact, simple device begins with a photo cell controlled start and stop. When documents slide into the feed, the machine begins shredding immediately. A single switch offers stand-by, stop, and reverse options, activated both manually and automatically. The control element has backlit icons to indicate operational status. An environmentally friendly sleep mode is triggered after one hour of inactivity, thereby saving energy.
- The Safety Protection System offers secure, innovative features to protect users from accidental injury. An electronically controlled clear safety shield covers the feed opening, preventing fingers, ties and other objects from coming into contact with the blades. An automated sensor cuts power to the motor when the door is open or if there is a paper jam. In the event of a paper jam, the reverse function is activated and slides items back out to the user, helping to unclog the blades.
- The powerful single phase motor is double protected from overheating. Its gears are housed in a dust free enclosure. Together these keep your shredder in top running condition and help save you from costly repairs.
- The cross cutting shafts and wheels are backed by a lifetime warranty. These durable steel blades shred your documents into small pieces, only 1/8 inch by 1 inch in size. These particles keep your information safe. The shreds fall into a high-quality wooden cabinet outfitted with a removable bin. The wood muffles the motor noise, allowing for quieter use. The cabinet offers a window display of how much shreds have been deposited. A removable bin makes disposal easy and eliminates the need for shred bags.
- An 8-3/4 inch throat width limits what can easily slide into this machine. This is wide enough for many home users and small offices. However, if you have many legal documents or other wider papers to shred on a regular basis, you should consider upgrading to a model with a larger feed.
- The shreds produced only rate a level 3 security. For the average home user shredding junk mail and other low risk documents, this provides enough protection. If you have more confidential information you would like to keep safe, MBM also designs higher security deskside shredders.
- Taking 5-6 sheets at once and dicing them as fast as 12 feet per minute are good stats for a small shredder. But offices with greater shredding needs will want a larger model than this one.
Generally, the Destroyit 2260 is a good option for a home or small office. A one year warranty on most parts with a lifetime warranty on the blades insures a long life for your shredder. The Safety Protection System makes it safe for use around young children and pets while the many features allow for uncomplicated use. We would recommend the 2260 as an excellent choice for your next deskside shredder.