Sorry, but PC200E Spiral Coil Binding Machine with Electric Inserter is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
PC200E Spiral Coil Binding Machine with Electric Inserter
- Sturdy metal construction: very durable
- 12-15 sheet punch capacity (20 lb.)
- Full 46 Disengagement Pins: World?s first desktop coil line for completely clean professional punching, any size
- Electric Power Binding: foot-pedal activated roller significantly increases productivity and greatly reduces operator fatigue (particularly compared to under-mounted rollers)
- Electric power binding up to 3/4"
- All size manual binding capacity
- 11" standard punch width
- Punch width up to 21" using open-throat design
- Adjustable Punch Margin: improve all books' strength and design
- Side Margin Control: center holes quickly and easily
- Coil Size Selector- Built-in indicator shows suggested coil size
- Model: PC200E
- Description: Manual Coil Punch and Electrical Binding Machine
- Punching Capacity: 1-15 sheets per punch
- Disengageable Pins: Full 46
- Binding Capacity: Electrical Binding up to 3/4?. Manual Binding for any size
- Punch Length: Any length with full disengagement-pin and open-throat design
- Hole Pattern: 4:1 pitch. 5/32? (4 mm) holes
- Power Supplier: 110 V AC, 60 HZ
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
PC200E Spiral Coil Binding Machine with Electric Coil Inserter Review
- The PC200E spiral coil binding machine is a manual spiral coil binding machine with an electric spiral coil inserter on the top of the machine.
- This machine offers an excellent choice for organizations that are looking for a low cost spiral coil binding machine with a built in electric coil inserter.
- This review will identify some of the strengths, weaknesses, features and limitations of the PC200E coil binding machine.
Strengths / Features:
- The PC200E spiral coil binding offers a great price point for the features it offers. In fact, with a price tag of about $350 I expected the PC200e to be made of plastic. Instead, I discovered a fully featured all metal binding machine that is durable enough for most small offices.
- The PC200E has fully disengageable punching dies. This means that it is possible to stop any one of the holes on the machine from punching making it possible to use the PC200E for binding any size of document. Most spiral coil binding machines have only a few disengageable dies making them compatible with most standard sizes of paper. However, with the PC200e you are not limited to standard paper sizes. You can use this machine to bind scrapbooks, photo books, craft projects and almost any size of document that you can imagine. In fact, with the open throat design of the PC200e you can even punch documents longer than eleven inches.
- The PC200e includes several great features that make binding documents with coil easier than ever. It has a foot pedal activated electric spiral coil inserter on the top of the machine that helps to spin the coil onto your documents. It also includes a pair of spiral coil crimping pliers in the box. These crimping pliers are necessary for finishing your documents with spiral coil. Many other similarly priced coil binding machines do not include spiral coil crimpers or an electric coil inserter.
Limitations / Weaknesses:
- The handle on the PC200e is actually different than the handle pictured in most photos of this machine. Most handles for binding machines have a wood or plastic piece to grab onto that is attached to the handle at 90 degrees. The handle for the PC200e doesn’t have this which makes it more difficult to use than handles on other machines. It is a small thing but it definitely makes a difference if you are binding a lot of documents.
- The PC200e is capable of punching between 12-15 sheets of paper per lift. This is adequate for organizations who need to bind a few documents per week. However, organizations that bind large numbers of documents or need to bind documents quickly may find this to be limiting.
- The spiral coil inserter on the PC200e is located on the top of the machine. This makes the inserter more difficult to use than machines with inserters located on the front of the machine. With the PC200e you have to reach to the back of the machine to insert the coil on the book. The punching handle can also get in the way of inserting the coil.
- The PC200e is the least expensive machine on the market that offers a coil binding punch and an electric coil inserter. Add to this the fact that the PC200e also has fully disengageable punching dies and this machine becomes a great choice for small and medium sized organizations that want to bind their own books.
- If you can afford it, the Akiles Coilmac ECI has an easier to use punching handle and a coil inserter that is located on the front of the machine. If not, the PC200e is an excellent choice.
This review was written by Jeff McRitchie who is the director of marketing for Mybinding.com. Jeff has written more than three hundred articles and more than two hundred reviews on Binding Machines, Binding Supplies, Report Covers, 3-Ring Binders, Index Tabs, Laminators, Laminating Supplies, Paper Shredders and Paper Handling Equipment.