Sorry, but Premier CT18 18" Safety-Trim Rotary Cutter and Scorer is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Premier CT18 18" Safety-Trim Rotary Cutter and Scorer
- Multi-purpose trimmer. The CT18 includes 4 blade options - straight cut, scoring, perforated cut, wave cut
- Office, schools, photo and craft application
- Convenient blade storage slots - No more misplaced blades with the organizational storage slots
- Safety comes first - Blade completely enclosed in cassette - blade exposed during cutting process when handle is actuated
- The CT18 is perfect for children's use in schools and home
- Self locking clamping mechanism - Keeps paper in place for easy, accurate cutting
- Cutting guides and measurement grid - Edge reference guide for repeat cutting accuracy
- Easy to read grid improves speed when doing job work
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- UPC: 0-11991-00018-4
Premier CT18 Safety-Trim Rotary Cutter Review
Are you looking for a rotary trimmer that’s safe to use with kids? If you are, you’ll want to check out the Premier CT18 from Martin Yale. It’s one of the safest trimmers available and it has a lot of other great features. Let’s take a look at them and then see how this device rates on a 1-to-10 scale.
- The CT18 is a good choice if you tend to work with large pieces of paper. It has an 18-inch cutting length so you’ll be able to work with paper of different sizes from the smallest scraps to sheets that measure 11” x 17” (tabloid size).
- This trimmer can only trim 5 sheets of paper at a time, so it’s not really meant for frequent or heavy-duty use. However, it would be good for small cutting jobs and personal projects.
- There are 4 types of blades you can use with this trimmer: straight, perforating, wavy, and scoring. The straight blade is perfect for getting a crisp, clean cut while the others would be great for crafting and other special projects. The extra blades can be stored in the base of the cutter for easy access.
- All of the blades are safe to use because each one is housed in a plastic cassette. The blade is only exposed during cutting so you don’t have to worry about getting cut. The CT18 would be good for use with children, so long as they’re supervised.
- The CT18’s base is marked with an alignment grid and metric and standard measurement units. There are also cutting guides that can help you easily trim your paper down to the necessary size. If you need to do an angled cut, the imprinted protractor can help you out. To help you through the entire process, a self-locking paper clamp will secure your materials so they don’t fan.
- This cutter will take up a lot of room because it measures 9” (width) x 23” (depth) x 3” (height). However, you’ll be able to move it out of the way easily because it only weighs 3.5 pounds.
- The CT18 is reasonably priced and it comes with a 1-year warranty.
Final rating: 8. Overall, the CT18 is a great paper trimmer and it would be a good choice for offices, schools, and homes that are in need of such a device. Its cutting length is excellent and it offers a number of cutting options due to the different blades that are available for it. The fact that each blade is completely encased in plastic and is safe to use makes this trimmer good for use with kids. The cutting guides and protractor are very helpful, and they’re easy to read. If there’s anything about this device that could be improved, it’s the cutting capacity. A 5-sheet capacity is fine for occasional use, but this trimmer definitely isn’t a good choice if you need to cut a lot of paper at once. Cutting capacity aside, the CT18 is definitely worth your consideration so if you’re interested in it, so be sure to take a look at it today.