Proton PDS-75 Manual Hard Drive Crusher
4795.00 NewCondition InStock
Proton PDS-75 Manual Hard Drive Crusher
SWIPE FOR MORE IMAGES
|Product Name||Item Number||Price||Qty|
|2-Year Extended Factory Warranty (18 months + 2 Years Extended) for Proton PDS-75 Hard Drive Crusher||04PDS3EX75||
|Custom Deployment/Shipping Case for Proton PDS-75 Hard Drive Crusher||PDS75DEPLOY||
|Rear Output Slide for Proton PDS-75 and PDS 100 Hard Drive Crusher||04PDSRO||
|Proton PDS-SSD Destroyer Module for PDS-75 and PDS-100 Hard Drive Crushers||PDS-SSD||
|Universal Screw Down Mounting Kit for Proton PDS-75 and PDS 100 Hard Drive Crusher||04PDSMK||
The PDS-75 is an NSA listed crusher that is designed to destroy hard drives in 8 seconds or less (dependent on operator). The manual PDS-75 is not only manually driven, but it is also simple to use. Just insert the hard drive into the safety slot. Then use the handle to crush the hard drive. During this process the hard drive is bent approximately 90 degrees, which breaks the platters and damages the heads, motor and circuit board. After the process has finished, the hard drive will be ejected into the front debris drawer. The PDS series exudes versatility with low maintenance and easy operation.
NOTE: To comply with recognized standards, including NSA/DoD regulations, a degausser must be used prior to destroying hard drives. In a typical national security operation, a destroyer is used in conjunction with a NSA approved degausser. Using a degausser is the only way to guarantee all data on hard drives and other magnetic media is completely unrecoverable. This is because it is possible to recover data from a mere piece of a hard drive that has not been degaussed. See Proton’s full line of degaussers to save on a degausser and destroyer bundle.
- Compact and rugged design is portable and easily deployable.
- Less than 8 second cycle time provides fast, safe and reliable hard drive destruction.
- Specifically designed for emergency situations where power may not be available and quick destruction is required.
- Provides a “green” energy saving solution for hard drive destruction.
- Hard drives are bent approximately 90 degrees which bends/ breaks the platters and damages the heads, motor and circuit board.
- Maintenance free and completely self-contained. There are no messy fluids or external components to deal with and no adjustments or calibration necessary.
Write Your Own Review
People Who Viewed Also Viewed
Proton PDS 105 HD/SSD Multimedia Shredder
Intimus HDD Gladiator Hard Drive Shredder Call for Quote 1-800-944-4573
- Weight: 45 lbs (20 kg)
- Dimensions: 9.25" (23.5 cm) D x 7.25" (18.4 cm) W x 16.5" (41.9 cm) H
- Media Destroyed:
Handles all 3.5-inch Form Factor Drives including .65-inch, 1-inch and 1.65-inch high drives.
Handles 2.5-inch Laptop hard drives with Laptop Holder option.
Handles SSD (Not NSA evaluated for SSD) drives in 3.5 Form Factor and 2.5 Form Factor with the Laptop Holder option
- Cycle Time: 8 Seconds or Less (dependent on operator)
- Options: Laptop; Rear Output Option; Rackmountable Slide-out Shelf Option (for 19" EIA racks, 10" to 28" deep) (Includes Slides); Universal Screw Mounting Kit; Deployment Case with wheels
- Destruction Method: Bends/breaks platter, damages heads, motor and circuit board
- Maintenance: Occasional vacuuming of debris drawer and internal housing
- Manual Operator Exertion:
Typical Commercial Drives (3.5" ) - Typically 4 lbs. exertion
Hardened (Heavy Shielded) (3.5" ) - Typically 12 lbs. exertion
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year with extended Manufacturer's Warranty available. Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty on bender
Proton PDS 75 Manual Hard Drive Crushing Unit Demo
Transcript: Introducing the Proton Data Security Hard Drive crusher series. Let’s start with the PDS 75 Manual Hard Drive Crushing Unit. The PDS 75 is an NSA listed crusher that is designed to destroy hard drives in eight seconds or less. This is the base product of the PDS hard drive crushing series. It’s not only manually driven but it’s also simple to use. Just insert the hard drive into the safety slot, then use the handle to crush the drive. During this eight second process the hard drive is bent approximately ninety degrees which breaks the platters and damages the head, motor and circuit board. The ... Read More
Introducing the Proton Data Security Hard Drive crusher series. Let’s start with the PDS 75 Manual Hard Drive Crushing Unit. The PDS 75 is an NSA listed crusher that is designed to destroy hard drives in eight seconds or less. This is the base product of the PDS hard drive crushing series. It’s not only manually driven but it’s also simple to use. Just insert the hard drive into the safety slot, then use the handle to crush the drive. During this eight second process the hard drive is bent approximately ninety degrees which breaks the platters and damages the head, motor and circuit board. There is even a pullout from the front debris door, which will allow you to clean the unit and dispose of any extra hard drive particles. The PDS 75 along with its companions in the PDS crusher series has several different customization options to fit for any application. Some of the few features this offers are laptop slides, which will allow the destroyer to process two and a half inch laptop drives. The support swaps takes approximately ten seconds and it comes with a holder that allows the operator to steer the supports when not in use. A [Inaudible 1:32] case is also available for the PDS 75 and the other hard drive crusher models. This is a heavy duty pelican case with wheels and custom insert that’s made specifically for the use of the PDS 75 and the other hard drive crushing units. Thank you for watching the PDS 75 Manual Hard Drive Crushing Unit from Proton Data Security. Be sure to check out our automatic crushing units, the PDS 100 in our upcoming videos. For more information on proton crushing devices check us out at www.protondata.com.