- 8-sheet high security shredder (Security Level P-7) for 6-10 users.
- Tested to meet strict refurbishment standards and comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Meets the requirements of NSA/CSS Specification 02-01 for High Security Cross-Cut Shredders.
- Shreds paper only.
- Extra-wide 16” paper entry with continuous duty motor for non-stop shredding.
- 25-gallon pull-out bin.
- Sheet Capacity: 8
- Cut Type: High Security
- DIN Level - Paper: P-7
- Speed (Feet Per Minute):30
- Maximum Run Time (minutes): Continuous
- Recommended Number Of Users: 6-10
- Paper Entry Width (inches): 16
- Safety Features: Interlock Switch
- Basket Type: Pull-out Bin
- Bin Capacity (gallons): 25
- Item H x W x D (inches): 34.25 x 17.00 x 25.63
- Color: Gray
- Material Type: Plastic/Electronics/Metal
- Oil Technology: N/A
Fellowes PowerShred HS-800 High-Security Paper Shredder Review
One of the most important considerations in selecting a paper shredder is how much security it offers. This is especially true if your company or organization deals with highly classified information. If that’s the situation you’re in, one machine that you should look at is the Fellowes PowerShred HS-800 High-Security Paper Shredder. This machine offers a phenomenal level of security and the ability to shred oversized paper, but it also has a couple of limitations. Let’s take a look at what this machine can – and can’t – do.
- This shredder is one of the most secure ones you can buy. It’s a cross-cut device that has the highest security rating possible: Level 6. This machine produces shreds that measure 1/25″ x 3/16″, guaranteeing that your documents will never be reassembled. In fact, this shredder is so secure, it meets the requirements of NSA/CSS Specification 02-01, meaning it’s been approved for government and military use.
- The HS-800 is a device that was designed to be used in a large office by more than 10 people. It can run continuously and it will shred up to 8 sheets of paper at once.
- One of the best features of this product is its extremely wide feed opening. It measures 16 inches across so it can accommodate both legal- and letter-sized paper, as well as oversized documents including those printed on 80-column paper.
- The HS-800 has a wastebasket that can hold up to 25 gallons of paper shreds. When you open the cabinet up to empty the wastebasket, the machine will cease operating so you’ll be safe.
- If a paper jam occurs, the HS-800 will automatically shut off and let you know there’s a problem. It will also go into reverse mode to try to clear up the jam.
- The HS-800 also stop running when the wastebasket is full or if the cabinet door is open.
- When your employees use this product, they won’t be distracting anyone. That’s because the HS-800 has a 65 decibel rating.
- As is typical of Fellowes products, the HS-800 has a great warranty. There is a 2-year warranty for the machine as a whole and an additional 5 years of coverage for the cutting mechanism.
- Although this is a very powerful shredder, it cannot destroy anything other than paper. If you need to destroy CD’s, floppy disks, or other types of electronic media, you either need an additional machine or a completely different one that can handle these objects.
- This machine will take up a lot of room because it measures 34.25″ (height) x 17″ (width) x 25.625″ (depth). It’s also extremely heavy, weighing in at 220 pounds. Luckily, there are casters on the bottom of it to make moving it around less difficult.
- This machine lacks an automatic oiler which is a disappointment considering this is a continuous-duty device that needs regular oiling.
The Fellowes PowerShred HS-800 would be a good choice if you need a high-security shredder that many people can use. Just make sure you’re comfortable with the machine’s limitations before you invest in it.
You Save: 62%
You Save: 49%
You Save: 53%
You Save: 41%