Renz DTP 340A Semi-Automatic Desktop Punch
|Renz DTP 340M/A Square Hole 3:1 Pitch Ring Wire Die Set
|Renz DTP 340M/A Square Hole 2:1 Pitch Ring Wire Die Set
|Renz DTP 340M/A Round Hole 2:1 Pitch Ring Wire Die Set
|Renz DTP 340M/A 5mm x 4mm Oval Hole 0.2475 Pitch Spiral Coil Die Set
|Renz DTP 340M/A Plastic Comb Binding Die Set
|Renz DTP 340M/A Round Hole 3:1 Ring Wire Die Set with Thumbcut
|Renz DTP 340M/A Rectangular 2:1 Pitch Ring Wire Die Set
|Renz DTP 340M/A Round Hole 6mm Pitch Spiral Coil Die Set
|Renz DTP 340M/A Square Hole 3:1 Ring Wire Die Set with Thumbcut
|Renz DTP 340M/A Round Hole 3:1 Pitch Ring Wire Die Set
- Punching dies for all types of ring wire, plastic comb, coil and calendars.
- Punch a wide range of mixed stocks
- Fast die changes
- Fastest machine in its class with automatic paper ejection. Up to 3 times faster than a standard bench top machine
- QSA (Quick Size Adjustment) for high flexibility of different paper formats(1)
- Vertical paper feeding for precise punching
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
|Mechanical cycles per hour
|Min. punching width
|Max. punching width
|Min. unpunched length
|Max. unpunched length
|Max. punching thickness
|3.5 mm (1)
|Sensor or foot pedal
|Punch dies available
|3:1, 2:1 ring wire, calendar, coil, plastic comb
|Selectable punch pins (QSA)
|Variable margin depth
|Die changeover time
|Machine dimensions L x W x H
|880 x 640 x 380 mm
Older Video Overview (more details)
Renz DTP 340A Semi - Automatic Desktop Punch Review
A good punch can really make your workday easier, especially if you need to bind your documents. One punch that's worth looking at is the Renz DTP 340A. Let's see what this machine is capable of.
- The 340A has one of the most impressive punching capacities you'll find. It can run as many as 2,000 cycles in one hour so you'll be able to get all of your paper punched in record time. You'll be able to produce hundreds of books in that time period, so this is a great device to use if you need to put together a lot of documents quickly.
- This machine has a maximum punching width of 13.5 inches. Due to this, you can work with multiple sizes of paper. You can even punch legal-sized sheets that are 8.5" x 14".
- The 340A utilizes interchangeable dies. Each die set produces a different hole pattern. Some of the dies available for this device can be used for the following binding methods: Velobind, plastic comb, wire, and color coil. The dies are disengageable so you can punch the right number of holes for your paper.
- Changing a die set is quick and easy. In fact, it will only take you a couple of minutes so you can spend your time doing something more productive.
- This machine has a vertical punching mechanism. Vertical punching is the best way to ensure every single sheet will be punched correctly.
- When you use the 340A, you can use the margin depth control to place the holes the correct distance away from the paper's edge. Putting them in the right place based on your document's thickness will cause the pages to become more tear-resistant.
- The 340A's paper guide can be adjusted electrically so you'll get good results every time. There's also a paper holder you can attach to the front of the device that will keep your documents in the right place so the whole process will be easier. The output tray is also on the front so you can retrieve your documents easily.
- This machine was designed for desktop use. Not only does that make using the machine incredibly convenient, it will help you keep your workspace free and clear.
- You can have the 340A run automatically or you can operate it manually. If you choose to do the latter, there's a foot pedal you can use to make things easier.
Overall, the Renz DTP 340A is a pretty impressive punching device. You'll find that it will enable you to process a lot of paper in a very short amount of time so it's ideal if you regularly bind a lot of books. There are a lot of die sets you can choose from and it won't take long to install a new set in the machine. However, you'll want to keep in mind that the die sets are each sold separately, so you may end up having to spend a bit of money if you want to utilize more than one binding method. (One set of your choice comes with the device.) If you're okay with purchasing the die sets in addition to the machine, you're going to be pleased with this device and how much time it can save you. So take a look at it today and consider getting it for your office.