We're sorry, but we no longer offer this item.
Call us at 1-800-944-4573 for personalized recommendations
or check out these similar items that may be a good fit:
Renz Eco S 2:1 Pitch Wire Binding Machine
- length, width, height: 14" x 22" x 7.5" [36, 55, 19 cm]
- weight: 29.7 lb. [13.5 kg]
- selectable punch pins: yes[all]
- punching thickness: .090" / 25 sheets (20# paper)
- adjustable margin: yes
- binding thickness: up to 1-1/8" [28 mm] / 280 sheets (20# paper)
- diameter of the wire comb elements: up to 1-1/4" [32 mm]
- binding performance: up to 250 books per hour
- maximum width: up to maximum 13.5"[34cm]
- number punching pins: 26
- pitch: 2:1
- number of loops: 11" = 21
- punching capacity: up to 6,000 sheets per hour
- motor: no
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Renz Eco S 2:1 Manual Wire Binding Machine Review
If you want a sophisticated way of finishing your documents, you should consider getting a wire binding device such as the RenzEco S. This 2:1 pitch wire binding machine will give you great results even though it’s not perfect. Here are the strengths and weaknesses of this product.
- The Eco S has one of the best punching capacities you’ll find in a wire binding machine. It’s strong enough to take care of as many as 25 sheets at once. Plus, you’ll be able to punch about 6,000sheets per hour with this device. Granted, you have to punch the sheets manually, but this capacity is still quite impressive.
- When you go to punch your pages, you load the minto the device vertically. This results in better results than if you had punched your paper horizontally because gravity is doing some of the work for you.
- This machine has 25 punching pins and each one of them can be disengaged so you can produce different hole patterns for documents of varying lengths. You can punch paper that’s up to 13.5 inches long which will give you a lot of options.
- When you use the Eco S, you’ll be able to control where exactly your paper is punched. This is because the device has an adjustable depth of punch margin control. When you employ this feature, you can ensure that your books are bound as securely as possible.
- This device is compatible with 2:1 pitch wire spines that have a maximum diameter of 1-1/4″. When you use this size of spine,you’ll be able to create documents that contain as many as 280 pages.
- It’s possible to bind an incredible 250 books per hour with the Eco S. Thus, this is a great machine to use if you need to quickly crank out lots of books in very little time.
- The smallest spines you can use must have adiameter of 1/4″. This is actually the second smallest spine available (the smallest is 3/16″) so if you need to bind really thin documents, this could be problematic.
- This machine’s handles were designed with right-handed users in mind (i.e. they’re located on the right side of the device). Thus, left-handed people could find using the Eco S to be a bit difficult. The handles are also rather unwieldy and make the machine take up a fair amount of room.
- Keep in mind that this is a manual device, not an electric one. Therefore, you may find it tiring to punch and bind a lot of books.
The Renz Eco S is a good, albeit basic, wire binding machine. Its punching and binding capacities are very impressive even though it will take a lot of energy to get the maximum results out of the machine. It’s great that you can bind documents that contain up to 280 pages and that you can produce different hole patterns. Just be sure to keep in mind that you can’t use all sizes of wire spines with this device and that the handles are on the right side. If you’re fine with those things, you’ll find that the Eco S will help you produce great-looking books.