- Simple to use - turns loose pages into impressive looking documents
- Stylish and compact - ideal for use in professional office or copier room
- Energy efficient and quiet - on-demand punching motor only runs when activated
- Productive - punches 25 sheets at the touch of a button
- Trouble-free - vertical feed throat opening reduces likelihood of punching mistakes
- Efficient - Self-lubricating dies maintains punching efficiency
- Worry-free - auto-reverse clears most punching jams
- Convenient - large chip drawer with see thru window
- Simple - easy-to-use coiler roller makes inserting binding coil trouble-free
- Crimping pliers included
- Book-former helps align thicker books for simpler coil insertion
- Plus, exclusive Convenience Tray that has the following features: Document-sizer , Unique coil-sizer and Organizer
- Punches 4:1 Pitch .2475 44 Hole Pattern
- Warranty: 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty (1 year on the punching die)
- Dimensions: 14" wide, 17" deep, 7" high; 40 lb.
- Made in the USA
Reviewed on 2/28/2016
Like the fact that it looks more like a printer than some of the other ugly binding machines on the market. We find the 3250 easy to use (just press a button). It is made of metal and is really simple to set up and use. Not much to it.
Reviewed on 8/2/2015
Delivered on time and in good condition. Easy to use.
Welcome to MyBinding video. Let’s take a look at the Rhin-O-Tuff 3250CL, an electric coil binding system. Backed by the Rhin-O-Tuff three-year warranty, this is an industrial grade, heavy-duty, all-in-one system. Let’s check out its uniqueness and features by watching it in action. There are two drawers on the front of the machine. The top one can store coils and your coil crimper pliers as well as has directions step-by-step on how to bind a book and has a unique and helpful measuring tool to get the right spiral coil for your project. With scrap paper, let’s practice the punch. Place it right here in the top slot all the way down and press the button. When punching your project, if you begin face forward, continue your whole project face forward. The punching dies on Rhin-O-Tuff machines are incredibly quiet. The 3250CL can punch up to 25 sheets of 20-pound paper in a single punch. You don’t need to worry about paper jams because of Rhin-O-Tuff’s auto-reverse feature built right into the machine. When you’re all punched, assemble your project together. It’s time to bind. The measuring tool on the top tray comes into play here in selecting the right size spiral coil for your project. Use the book former on the top of the machine to help align thicker books for simple coil insertion. Initiate the coil on to the spine. With this button, turn on the electric coil inserter. The roller is large and steady and very easy to use for all size books. Allow the spiral coil to travel all the way down the spine and, with the included coil crimping pliers, crimp off the ends. Make sure the dot faces up and crimp just on the inside of that end. Flip it over and do both sides. These pliers both cut and crimp so the book does not come apart. All of your punch chips fall neatly into the bottom tray which is easily removed for disposal. And that’s all there is to with the Rhin-O-Tuff 3250CL. For more demos, reviews and how-tos, check out MyBinding.com.
Rhin-O-Tuff 3250CL Electric Spiral Coil Binding Machine Review
- The Rhin-O-Tuff 3250CL is a new electric spiral coil binding machine that is designed specifically for use in a professional office environment.
- This machine is made in the USA by Performance Design Inc. (PDI) who produces the entire line of Rhin-O-Tuff or Rhino Tuff professional binding equipment.
- Most of the other pieces of Rhin-O-Tuff binding equipment that is available on the market looks industrial and is designed for use in print facilities and production environments. The 3250-CL takes a different approach and provides a solid, simple and contemporary design for use in a modern office environment.
- One of the greatest strengths of the Rhino Tuff 3250CL is its contemporary design. In a sea of industrial looking binding punches, this machine is a breath of fresh air. PDI actually hired a designer from Hewlett Packard to help them develop the 3250 so that it would fit in inside a modern office environment. The result is a contemporary, easy to use binding system that is easy to use and looks more like a printer than a piece of industrial equipment.
- The Rhino Tuff 3250 is also designed to be the easiest to use electric spiral coil binding machine on the market. The designers of this machine recognized that almost no-one inside an office environment wants to bind documents. Binding is often seen as difficult, tedious or time consuming. This machine is designed to be incredibly simple to operate so that any member of the office can quickly and easily bind documents.
- This machine includes a high quality set of spiral coil crimping pliers. These pliers have a unique spring loaded mechanism that makes them easier to use than many other pairs of coil crimpers.
- The 3250CL offers an industrial motor in a contemporary package. Rhin-O-Tuff is known for its ultra heavy duty punching equipment. This machine includes an industrial strength motor that was originally developed for a heavy duty modular punch. This motor allows users to punch up to 25 sheets of paper at a time which is impressive for a desktop coil binding machine.
- It also includes a pull out drawer with easy to understand binding instructions, a place to store your crimpers and a measuring device that allows you to quickly choose the right size of coil for your documents.
- Most other pieces of electric coil binding equipment on the market comes with a 1 year warranty on the machine and no warranty on the punching dies. This machine offers a 3 year warranty on the machine and a 1 year warranty on the punching dies. With this type of warranty, you won't need to worry about problems with this machine.
- Although the Rhin-O-Tuff 3250CL offers a great contemporary design and is easy to use, it is not ideal for everyone. It is designed to punch 8.5" x 11" letter sized documents. For the majority of offices, this is ideal. However, users who need to bind documents that are shorter or longer than eleven inches may want to choose a different machine.
- The 3250 is designed primarily for binding smaller sized documents. Although it is possible to bind thicker books with this unit, the coil inserter works best with coils up to 20mm in diameter. This is also true of other desktop coil binding systems but it is worth noting. Users who frequently bind thicker documents may want to consider a modular binding system with an adjustable dual roller coil inserter and the Rhin-O-Tuff HD4101 book former.
- This machine is specifically designed for use in a modern office environment. For that purpose it is a great choice. However, print shops, binderies, in plant printers and other high volume production users may want to consider a larger more robust coil binding machine or modular binding system.
- The Rhino Tuff 3250-CL is an excellent choice for a professional office that needs a high quality durable spiral coil binding system.
- It offers a contemporary design, an excellent punching capacity and is one of the easiest to use binding machines that we have tested.
- However, the 3250CL is not the perfect machine for everyone. Print shops, binderies and high volume production facilities may want to consider a modular binding system.
- Users who need to bind half sized books or legal sized documents may need to consider a machine with disengageable dies and an open throat.
This review was written by Jeff McRitchie who is the director of marketing for Mybinding.com. Jeff has written more than five hundred articles and more than two hundred reviews on Binding Machines, Binding Supplies, Report Covers, 3-Ring Binders, Index Tabs, Laminators, Laminating Supplies, Paper Shredders and Paper Handling Equipment.
You Save: 43%
You Save: 57%
You Save: 8%