Sorry, but Rhin-O-Tuff HC8000 Manual Wire Closer is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Rhin-O-Tuff HC8000 Manual Wire Closer
- Closes 3/16" to 1
Rhin-O-Tuff HC-8000 Review
Rhino’s HC-8000 is positioned as a solution for print shops and other production environments where twin loop (also known as wire-o, double-o, or double loop) binding is done on a regular basis. Made of all metal, the HC-8000 is meant for heavy use. In the following report, we take a closer look at the HC-8000, and list for you what we consider to be its strengths and weaknesses.
- Probably the greatest strength of the HC-8000 is that it may well be the only wire closer on the market that is made to be used with every size of wire that is available. Though the vast majority of users won’t have to use every size wire from three sixteenths to one and a half inches, it sure is nice to know that you have the capability should the need ever arise.
- One all too common problem that is typical with wire closers is that they do a good job closing one side of a book, but leave the other side slightly open. This occurs because over time, the wire closer’s gears begin to slip. The HC-8000, however, features a couple of thumb screws that are really heavy duty, and allow the user to make adjustments on each side of the closer. This also helps to compensate for other problems such as deformed wire or any other sort of slippage that is bound to happen over time. With this sort of functionality and longevity built in, the HC-8000 has just about any other wire closer’s design beat, as far as we are concerned.
- The HC-8000 will work just great as a standalone machine, and you won’t need any sort of stand or holder to use it. However, this machine can also be attached to the top of several models of Rhino’s modular binding punches. Used as a standalone, you can put two people on the tasks of punching and binding, which will help mightily with convenience and productivity. That is why we have no problem recommending the HC-8000 for large production, high volume applications, such as you might find in print shops or binderies.
- It is our opinion that the HC-8000 is clearly one of the best wire closers on the market. However one thing that you should be aware of before you dive in and purchase this machine is that it is designed to be used with books that are up to fourteen inches in length. That will easily encompass most jobs, but there may be the occasional project for which you will need a longer capacity machine. In this case you will have to split the closing using a two step process.
- One other minor but important to issue some users might have with the HC-8000 is that it is a horizontally oriented machine. Many other wire closers of this type work vertically. This is not a big problem, just something you are going to have to get used to if you are accustomed to doing your wire closing on a vertically oriented machine.
- The HC8000 does not include a wire hanger. That means that you will either need to use the wire hanger on your punch or find some other way to hold the wire in place while you insert the pages onto the loops.
If you are interested in more information about the Rhin-O-Tuff HC8000 Wire Closer, you should really check out MyBinding.com. They offer a great price on this machine and they even offer Free Shipping on all orders over $75. In fact, they carry one of the largest selections of Twin Loop Wire Closers available on the internet. Choose from manufacturers such as GBC, Rhin-O-Tuff, Akiles, Tamerica and Renz.