Sorry, but Rhin-O-Tuff OD4000 Interchangable Die Modular Binding Punch is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Rhin-O-Tuff OD4000 Interchangable Die Modular Binding Punch
- 15-20 sheet capacity.
- Interchangeable dies for 3-hole, wire, and coil.
- Comes with your choice of die.
- Foot pedal operation.
Rhin-O-Tuff OD4000 Modular Binding Punch Review
Do you want a punch that can utilize disengageable dies so you can produce hole patterns for different binding methods? If so, you should take a look at the Rhin-O-Tuff OD4000 Interchangeable Die Modular Binding Punch. Here are this product’s strengths and weaknesses so you can decide if it will fit your needs.
- The OD4000 is an electric device that has a punching length of 11 inches. Luckily, it has an open-ended throat so not only will you be able to work with letter-sized paper (8.5” x 11”), you’ll also be able to punch paper that’s longer and shorter.
- This device comes with one die set of your choice. Sets are available for the most popular binding methods including plastic comb, Velobind, wire, and color coil. The die sets are interchangeable so you can have multiple sets and do different kinds of binding.
- Changing the dies isn’t very hard at all. You can more or less just pop out the current set and immediately put a new one in. You don’t need any tools or anything, so it’s really quite easy.
- This machine has a good punching capacity. It’s able to process up to 17 sheets of 20 lb. bond paper at once, depending on which die set you’re using.
- If you have any modular binding equipment hanging around, you may be able to attach it to the OD4000 with a special kit. (The kit is sold separately.)
- Paper jams won’t happen very often because the OD4000 is equipped with an auto-reverse feature. This feature will help ensure all the holes are cleanly punched and that your sheets don’t get stuck together.
- This machine operates quietly, so it’s perfect for shared work environments.
- If you prefer to keep your hands free while you work, you can use the foot pedal that comes with the machine. This feature can also help speed up the process a little bit. You can also use the device’s versa or palm switches if you prefer.
- The OD4000 is made from all-metal components. However, it’s still backed by a one-year warranty just in case something happens.
- Although a 17-sheet punching capacity is fairly good, you should keep in mind that if your document contains a lot of pages it will take a bit of time to punch it. Thus, this machine may not be a good choice if you regularly punch and bind thick documents.
- The OD4000 isn’t the most stylish punch around so it may not be a good fit depending on your work environment.
- While the throat is open-ended, punching long pieces of paper might be a bit challenging until you get the hang of it.
- This device comes with one die set only. The other sets need to be purchased on their own. Thus, if you need extra die sets, you may find yourself parting with a bit of money.
- You can attach modular binding equipment to this device, but you need a special kit. The kit is sold separately, unfortunately.
Overall, the Rhin-O-Tuff OD4000 would be a good choice if you’re looking for a punch that can handle interchangeable die sets. It’s a bit disappointing that you need to purchase each set separately, but having one machine that can produce a variety of different hole patterns is definitely worth it. So take a look at this punch today so you can decide if it’s right for you.