Sorry, but Royal Sovereign CS-900 9" Personal Pouch Laminator is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Royal Sovereign CS-900 9" Personal Pouch Laminator
- Model Number:
Royal Sovereign CS-900 Laminator Review
Royal Sovereign has a respectful lineup of pouch laminators and one of their smallest devices is the CS-900. This is an extremely small laminator that is reasonably priced and can be used easily, but it does lack a few key features, such as a reverse mode. Let’s take a look at this product’s pros and cons so you can determine is this is the device for you.
- This is a very compact, lightweight laminator that’s good for use just about everywhere, even at home and at crafting parties. It weighs just over two pounds and its dimensions are 12.8″ (width) x 4″ (depth) x 3.5″ (height).
- The CS-900 has a 9-inch throat that can accept letter- and legal-sized documents as well as small items, such as ID badges. This device can also laminate photographs and it’s compatible with pouches that are 3 and 5 mil thick.
- Using this product is very easy thanks to push-button operation. It has preset temperature settings to take the guesswork out of the lamination process.
- Carriers don’t need to be used when laminating with this device, although you should consider using one so your machine doesn’t become damaged by any adhesive that seeps out of your pouch.
- Although the CS-900 doesn’t have an exit tray, it does have guide rails that ensure your documents will exit the machine in an orderly fashion.
- The CS-900 has a very unique design. It doesn’t look like any other laminator currently on the market.
- Finally, the CS-900 is very affordable and will set you back less than $40.00.
- The CS-900 will not shut off automatically. This makes it more likely to overheat.
- This laminator lacks a cold lamination setting so laminating certain documents, such as those printed with ink-jet ink, isn’t recommended. You also can’t use 7 and 10 mil pouches.
- As mentioned above, the CS-900 lacks a reverse mode. Dealing with jams could be difficult or even impossible because of this.
- This machine has few safety features, so be sure to exercise caution when using it. You should also keep it out of the reach of children.
- It takes seven minutes for this device to warm up, which is obviously a pretty long time. It’s not the machine to use if you’re in a hurry.
In a nutshell, the Royal Sovereign CS-900 has an almost equal number of pros and cons. On the plus side, it’s an inexpensive laminator with a couple of good features, such as its easy operation and interesting design. It would be good for occasional use by people and organizations on a budget. However, its negatives are also worth nothing. For one, this laminator should not be used for high-volume applications as it wouldn’t be able to handle it and it’s disappointing that it lacks a reverse mode. Plus, it takes a long time for the machine to warm up. If you need a device for basic lamination on an intermittent basis or for personal use, this product should be fine. Otherwise, a different machine should be used.