Sorry, but Royal Sovereign RBM-1500 Manual Plastic Comb Binding Machine is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Royal Sovereign RBM-1500 Manual Plastic Comb Binding Machine
- Easily punches up to 15 sheets of 20lb. bond paper
- Binding capacity of up to 300 sheets of 20lb. paper
- Can use up to 1 1/2
Royal Sovereign RBM-1500 Manual Comb Binding Machine Review
Comb binding machines offer a great way to produce professional-looking documents right in your office. One that’s good for moderate use is the Royal Sovereign RBM-1500, a device with a fantastic binding capacity and terrific design. Here’s an in-depth look at the pros and cons of this product so you can determine if this is the machine that your office needs.
- The RBM-1500 has a very impressive binding capacity. When you use a 1-1/2″ plastic comb, you can bind a document that has up to 300 pages. Choosing the right comb for your document is easy because this machine has a comb selector guide printed on it.
- This product’s punching capacity is adequate for this kind of device. It can vertically punch 15 sheets of 20 lb. bond paper at one time. Vertical punching is a great way to ensure that your paper is punched properly.
- The RBM-1500 is fairly compact machine so it won’t take over your office. Its dimensions are 15.0″ (width) x 14.0″ (depth) x 3.5″ (height). It has a fold-down cover and lockable lever so you can stow it away. Finally, it weighs just under 20 pounds and it has a carrying handle so you can transport it with ease.
- In addition to being compact and fairly lightweight, the RBM-1500 looks great. It is very sleek and modern-looking.
- This machine has an adjustable margin guide. This feature allows you to control where your holes are punched so your document will be more securely bound. It’s controlled by rotating a knob on the left side of the device.
- A chip tray is located at the bottom of the device. It is easy to empty as well.
- Finally, the RBM-1500 comes with a limited one-year warranty so you can have it repaired or replaced if something goes wrong.
And now its weaknesses:
- While the punching/binding lever was designed to be ergonomically friendly, it is located on the right-hand on the machine. That means some individuals, such as southpaws, might find this device difficult to use.
- The RBM-1500 doesn’t have any disengageable dies and its maximum binding length is 11 inches. You’ll be pretty much limited to binding letter-sized documents with this machine.
- While a 15-page punching capacity is pretty adequate for this type of device, keep in mind that if you’re creating a lot of thick documents, it may take a while. For example, you will have to go through 20 punching cycles to punch all the paper needed for a 300-page document. That could be rather time-consuming.
Conclusion:The Royal Sovereign RBM-1500 is a good choice if you need a device for a moderate amount of document finishing. It has a lot to recommend it, including its vertical punching capability, its great binding capacity, and its sleek, compact design. Although punching a lot of lengthy documents might be time-consuming, overall this machine is a wise choice for anyone needing a high-quality binding device for moderate use in the workplace.