Sorry, but Royal Sovereign RSC-1400C 55 Inch Wide Format Cold Laminator is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Royal Sovereign RSC-1400C 55 Inch Wide Format Cold Laminator
- Fast - Laminates pressure sensitive and thermal film up to 55" wide at a rate of 16.4' per minute.
- Quality - Digital controls for temperature (RSC-1650H only) and speed help deliver a perfect finish.
- Versatility - Designed for mounting (up to .6"), laminating individual or multiple copies of posters prints, POP signs, training aids, rigid or flexible signage, inkjet, photo, floor graphics and much more.
- Easy To Use - Simple one button operation plus remote control and foot pedal allow hands-free operation.
- Convenient: High quality rollers allow cold lamination for heat sensitive applications.
- Applications: Digital graphic imaging, Photo Finishing, Pop-Up Displays, POP graphics and Banners
- Features: LCD display, Remote Control, Safety Cover, Lever Control for Mounting, Side Slitters and Heavy Duty Caster Wheels.
- Model Number: RSC-1400C
- Power Supply: AC100~120V / 220~240V / 50~60Hz
- Power Consumption: 100W
- Heating Method: None
- Roller Diameter: 82mm
- Max Laminating Width: 55" / 1400 mm
- Film Thickness: 1~10 mil / 25~250 mic
- Max Laminating Speed: 16.4 ft/min / 5 m/min
- Ready Time: 0 min
- Driving Motor: DC geared motor
- Temperature Control: N/A
- Speed Control: Digital (micom) 9 settings
- Transport Type: 2 Roller
- Film Core Size: Auto grip (2.25
Royal Sovereign RSC-1400C Cold Laminator Review
There are a lot of cold laminators you can choose from, which makes selecting just the right one a bit challenging. However, one you should take a look at is the Royal Sovereign RSC-1400C. Here’s some information about it, including its rating on a 1-to-10 scale.
- The RSC-1400C is a cold laminator which means that it completely lacks a heat setting. While this may seem like a disadvantage, the lack of a thermal mode actually makes this machine more appealing because it can laminate just about anything. Even documents that could be damaged by heat (i.e. color copies) can be processed by this device, which makes the whole thing really versatile.
- Since this machine doesn’t have a hot setting, you don’t need to let it warm up before using it. This feature (or lack thereof) will help you save time, as will its laminating speed. A document that’s just over 16 feet long can be totally done in a minute.
- The RSC-1400C is perfect for processing really large items. It has a 55-inch laminating width so you can laminate your largest documents including banners, point-of-purchase displays, and more. You can also process smaller items.
- You need to use pressure-sensitive film with this device, as well as rolls that have a core that’s either 2.25” or 3” thick. The film can be as thick or thin as you like, from 1 to 10 mil, and you can even use mounting boards that are up to about 0.5” thick.
- This is a pretty user-friendly laminator thanks to a few different features. For one, it has an easy-to-read LCD display and the controls are easy to understand. You can keep your hands free during the laminating process because a foot pedal is included. And if you want to control the device from across the room, you can use a remote control.
- If you decide that this is the laminator for you, be prepared to make some room for it in your workspace. The RSC-1400C is very large and it has approximate dimensions of 68″ (width) x 26″ (depth) x 47″ (height). It comes with a stand that has casters on the bottom so moving it around shouldn’t be too hard. (This is despite the machine weighing over 600 pounds.)
- The RSC-1400C comes with a decent warranty. The rollers are covered for 6 months while everything else is covered for an entire year.
Final rating: 9. Royal Sovereign makes a number of high-quality roll laminators and the RSC-1400C is one of them. This is a great machine that makes cold lamination easy while allowing you to process extremely large items. The fact that it can handle most thermal laminating film as well as mounting boards is a definite plus, as is the inclusion of both a remote control and a foot pedal. If you need a thermal device or one that’s on the small side, the RSC-1400C wouldn’t be a good choice, but if you don’t, this is one cold laminator worth your consideration.