Sorry, but Standard 111 Single Spindle Desktop Paper Drill is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Standard 111 Single Spindle Desktop Paper Drill
- Simple Operation: Paper positioning is error free with self-centering paper guides. An ergonomically designed push-button release simply and efficiently operates the table's movement to stop at each preset position, ensuring accurate hole registration. The hand lever operation accurately drills through paper piles of 2 to 500 sheets in thickness with equal ease and quality.
- Drilling Patterns: Common formats such as 3-hole punch for binders can be produced with complete ease and accuracy. For customized drilling patterns a manual override of the presets is easily performed and customized program strips for reoccurring drilling applications are available.
- Easy Margin Adjustment Settings: A margin adjustment on the backstop allows for drill bit adjustment of up to a 1.1" from the edge.
- Drill Bit Quality: The exceptional hollow drill bit design and quality steel composition deliver long lasting performance. Drill bits can be resharpened and range in size from 2mm-9mm. The hollow drill bit design prevents sheet puckering and rough punch edges that often occur in non-electric mechanical punches and lesser quality drill bits. The hollow drill spindle design automatically delivers the paper chips to a large capacity waste bin located below the drill table for easy disposal access.
- Ideal Solution: The Model 111 is the ideal paper drilling solution for any school, convenience copy center, quick printer, data processing department, marketing department or corporate reproduction center.
- Fast and Accurate: Self-centering paper guides set up quickly and make stock positioning for drilling consistent and accurate.
- Easy Operation: Manually controlled lever action drills up to 2" of paper in one simple motion.
- Number of Spindles: 1
- Pre-Set Drilling Patterns: 4 Patterns
- Drilling Capacity: Up to 2"
- Adjustment Ranges: 0.125" to 1.1" on Center (Bit to Back Stop)
- Maximum Paper Size: 13-3/4" x 9-14/16"
- Back Stop Setting: Lockable
- Paper Centering Guide: Lockable
- Motor: Single .42 HP
- Drive Type: Single-toothed Belt Drive
- Drill Bits Included: 6.5mm (1/4")
- Drill Bit Diameters: 1/4", 2mm to 9mm
- Dimensions: 31-3/4" x 25-3/4" x 17-3/4"
- Electrical Requirements: 115V 60Hz
- Weight / Shipping Weight: 57lbs. / 66lbs.
- Standard Equipment: Single-spindle drill with hand lever; one 6.5mm (1/4") drill bit, allan key, 3ea. pressed cardboard table inserts; wax paper drilling depth guide, standard preset program strip for US Standard 3-Hole spacing (4.25" c. to c.), DIN A5 Ring Binder 4-Hole, Din A4 ring binder 4-hole, Filomax time planner 6-hole
- Available Options: Pressed Cardboard Table Inserts, drill bit sharpener, preset program strips, customized drill bit program strip, 30mm back stop for 2 to 4.5mm drill bits, wax paper for bit lubrication.
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Standard 111 Single Spindle Desktop Paper Drill Review
There are a lot of single spindle paper drills available and one of the better ones is the Standard 111. To find out what makes it stand out, take a look at its strengths (and weaknesses) which are outlined below.
- The Standard 111 is able to drill through 2 inches of paper at a time. Two inches is about the height of a standard 500-sheet ream of paper, so you’ll be able to process hundreds of sheets very quickly. Also, you can use this device with both letter- and legal-sized sheets.
- This machine comes with a 1/4” drill bit to get you started. The bit is made out of high-quality steel and can be re-sharpened so you can get as much use as possible out of it. Also, the bit is hollow and it will deposit the paper chips into a tray so you can dispose of them easily. If you prefer to work with larger or smaller bits, this machine is compatible with bits that range from 5/64” to 3/8”.
- The Standard 111 comes with a preset program strip so you can easily produce a standard three-hole pattern. This takes a lot of the guesswork out of the process and ensures your pages will be processed properly.
- There are a number of optional extras for this machine that can really enhance your experience. This include a bit sharpener, preset patterns strips, and a backstop you can use with bits that range from 2 to 4.5 millimeters.
- The Standard 111 is really easy to use thanks to self-centering guides and adjustable margin controls. The handle is easy to grab a hold of and it can be used by both right- and left-handed people. To drill your paper, all you need to do is line up your sheets and pull the handle down. It’s fast and easy.
- Finally, the Standard 111 is covered by a one-year warranty.
- Paper drills tend to be large devices and the Standard 111 is no exception. This machine measures 31.75” (height) x 25.75” (width) x 17.75” (depth) so you’ll need to have a large surface area on which to place it. Also, it weighs 57 pounds so you should be really careful when moving it.
- This machine only has one spindle. Thus, you may need to drill your paper two or more times to get the pattern you want.
The Standard 111 is a great single spindle paper drill and would be a good choice for schools, print shops, offices, and more. This machine’s drilling capacity is terrific and it’s great that both letter- and legal-sized sheets can be processed. The drill bit is really high-quality and it will produce cleanly cut holes no matter how many sheets you’re working with. Best of all, you’ll find that this device is easy to use so you can get the results you need with a minimum amount of hassle. If all of this sounds good to you, consider purchasing the Standard 111 today.