Sorry, but Standard Horizon 2020s Strip Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Standard Horizon 2020s Strip Cut Paper Shredder
- Automatic On/Off
- Waste Container Open Detection
- Plastic Hopper
- Lightweight and small for convenience
- Security Level: Level 2 Strip Cut
- Feed Width: 9.5"
- Sheet Capacity: 8 sheets
- Shred Size: 1/8"
- Speed: 22 feet/min
- Waste Volume: 6.5 gallons
- Motor HP: 1/5
- Voltage: 115
- Weight: 19
- Dimensions: 18" x 16.5" x 10.75"
- Part Number: 2020s
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Standard 2020s Strip Cut Paper Shredder Review
Consumers have many options to choose from when it comes to personal use shredders. One choice to look at is Standard’s 2020s strip cut shredder. Designed for light use, this durable, compact device fits neatly next to or under a desk. The blades quickly slice documents into strips, secure enough for general home use as fast as 22 feet per minute. Eight sheets can fit into the shredders’ 9.5 inch paper entry slot. Let’s look more in depth at some of the pros and cons of this machine.
- Standing only 18 inches high, the 2020s is designed to fit tidily under a desk or table for out of the way, accessible use. If needed, it could even be placed on top of a table or shelf for eye-level access.
- The waste container utilizes an open detection system. The machine will automatically let you know if you are attempting to use it while the waste bin is open.
- The 9.5 inch throat width is capable of handling up to eight sheets at a time at decent speeds of up to 22 feet per minute. This enables you to spend less time focused on shredding and more time attending to other more important tasks.
- An automatic on/off feature allows you to not have to worry whether your machine is turned on or not. Simply slide in your document and the shredder will sense the item and begin slicing on cue.
- The 6.5 gallon waste bin is large enough to prevent too many trips to take out the trash but small enough to be easily carried to the recycle bin. The lightweight design allows for easy transport from one location to another.
- With only a 9.5 inch wide paper entry, anything much longer than a standard size sheet of paper would have to be folded or cut in half before being entered into the machine. While this may be fine for the average home user, if your shredding needs include longer documents, you may want to consider upgrading to a larger model.
- This device only offers low level security strip cut shredding. For low risk items, such as junk mail or your child’s term paper, strips could work for you. However, for riskier items, such as credit cards or bank statements, you might think about investing in a more heavy-duty shredder.
- Along with the strip cuts come larger pieces of paper to fill up the waste bucket quickly. The number of trips taken to the trash could be reduced by simply purchasing a cross cut model instead.
Standard’s 2020s is suited to meet the needs of a home office user or even administrative personnel in small office. The lightweight and compact design is ideal for use under or next to a desk or table in a small office setting, whether at home or work. An automatic on/off function as well as the waste container open detection system allow for uncomplicated use of this quick little device. Overall, this machine is a good choice for a low security, personal shredder.