Sorry, but Standard Horizon 2020x Cross Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Standard Horizon 2020x Cross Cut Paper Shredder
- Automatic On/Off
- Waste Container Open Detection
- Plastic Hopper
- Lightweight and small for convenience
- Security Level: Level 3 Cross Cut
- Feed Width: 9.5"
- Sheet Capacity: 5 sheets
- Shred Size: 1/12" x 1-1/8"
- Speed: 18 feet/min
- Waste Volume: 6.5 gallons
- Motor HP: 1/3
- Voltage: 115
- Weight: 25
- Dimensions: 18" x 16.5" x 10.75"
- Part Number: 2020x
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Standard Horizon 2020x Cross Cut Paper Shredder Review
The Standard 2020x is a compact cross cut shredder well-suited for personal home office or small business use. This medium security device quickly turns full sheets of paper into confetti as fast as 18 feet per minute. Packed with features like an automatic on/off and waste container open detection, this lightweight machine is perfect for your next deskside shredder. Let’s take a closer look at some of the Standard 2020x’s strengths and weaknesses.
- At only 18 inches tall, this small piece of office equipment easily stores under a desk or table for convenient use that is out of the way. Its lightweight design makes it effortless to move from one location to another if needed.
- This device comes equipped with an automatic on/off feature, enabling immediate use when needed. Since it also shuts down when not in use, electricity isn’t wasted to power an unneeded machine.
- All your medium security needs are met with this cross cutter. The shredder turns your documents into tiny 1/12″ by 1-1/8″ pieces, insuring that you and your identity stay safe. The small particle size also fills up the waste container much slower than traditional strip cut shredders, leaving more time to work and less time to shred.
- The blades of this shredder along with the 9.5 inch opening can handle five sheets of paper at one time and slice them at a respectable rate of 18 feet per minute. While five sheets may not seem like much, the machine will quickly eat them up and have you back to work in no time.
- The waste container comes with an open detection feature. This lets you know if you are attempting to use the shredder while it is open and prevents a potential problem or injury from occurring. At 6.5 gallons, the bin is large enough to accommodate enough shreds to allow you a reasonable amount of use before needing to be emptied.
- Like many smaller shredders, the throat width on this one is limited to a 9.5 inch opening. Most home and small office users won’t consider this a problem. However, if you need to shred a surplus of longer documents, you may wish to invest in a larger model.
- This shredder can only accommodate up to five sheets at a time. This may be adequate for average home users shredding junk mail and random documents. A larger amount of shredding may require an upgrade to a higher capacity model.
Overall, the Standard 2020x is an excellent choice for a home office or small business shredder. Its compact, durable design fits neatly deskside or under a table, allowing for convenient access. The 9.5 inch opening easily and quickly handles most shredding needs without hassle. The cross cutting action of the blades renders miniscule pieces, keeping you and your identity safe and secure. Standard is known for high-quality products and this one is no exception. We would highly recommend this machine for your next personal use shredder.