Sorry, but Standard Horizon 3020x Cross Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Standard Horizon 3020x Cross Cut Paper Shredder
- Automatic On/Off
- Bag full/jam Auto-Off
- Waste Container Open Detection
- Medium duty paper shredding
- Security Level: Level 3 Cross Cut
- Feed Width: 9.5"
- Sheet Capacity: 12 sheets
- Shred Size: 1/8" x 1-3/16"
- Speed: 13 feet/min
- Waste Volume: 7.5 gallons
- Motor HP: 2/5
- Voltage: 115
- Weight: 57
- Dimensions: 21.75" x 16" x 11.5"
- Part Number: 3020x
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Standard Horizon 3020x Cross Cut Paper Shredder Review
The Standard 3020x cross cut shredder is a stand out in the many options of office shredders. Designed for moderate office use, this machine’s durable blades devour up to 12 sheets at a time as fast as 13 sheets per minute. The leftover particles drop into a 7.5 gallon bin, large enough for medium duty use but still small enough to fit under a desk. Equipped with an automatic on/off feature, this machine will also shut down if it detects a full waste bag or a paper jam. Here is a closer look at some of the strengths and weaknesses of the 3020x.
- At just under 22″ tall, the 3020x is still small enough to easily fit under a desk or a table, although the amount of use it can handle may lead you to store it next to a desk for easier access by multiple people.
- The cross cutting action of this device leaves your documents in 1/8″ by 1-3/16″, rendering it virtually impossible to reassemble. This allows for higher protection of your identity as well as any confidential information you may have from any clients. The tiny size of the particles fill the waste bin much slower than a conventional strip cut shredder, thereby reducing the number of trips needed to take out the trash.
- The 9.5″ opening allows for up to 12 sheets of paper to pass through at one time. This enables you to put in a small handful of documents all at once instead of waiting for several passes. And if you do need multiple passes, the machine can handle them at up to 13 feet per minute, letting you focus more time on important tasks.
- An automatic on/off function insures immediate use without having to wait for the machine to turn on, as well as not wasting energy by staying on when not in use. The automatic off feature also activates when the trash bag is full or if there is a jam, preventing you from unknowingly making the problem worse.
- With only a 9.5″ opening, anything much wider than a standard sheet of paper cannot readily be put through. For some offices, this may not be a problem. However, if your needs include many longer documents, you may want to upgrade to a larger model that can more easily accommodate them.
- The waste container only stores up to 7.5 gallons of paper. For medium duty shredding needs, that may be space enough. Bigger offices may wish to invest in a larger model, allowing for more use and less trips to the garbage.
Standard Business Systems has a reputation of delivering high-quality products and the 3020x is no exception. This machine is an excellent choice for small or medium office. It has a good mix of small size, speed, and decent capacity. The cross cutting blades leave any document in secure tiny particles, protecting you and your clients. Overall we would recommend this machine for moderate use.