Sorry, but Standard Horizon 3030s Strip Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Standard Horizon 3030s Strip Cut Paper Shredder
- Automatic On/Off
- Bag full/jam Auto-Off
- Waste Container Open Detection
- Medium duty paper shredding
- Mobile on Casters
- Security Level: Level 2 Strip Cut
- Feed Width: 9.5"
- Sheet Capacity: 16 sheets
- Shred Size: 1/8"
- Speed: 18 feet/min
- Waste Volume: 10 gallons
- Motor HP: 1/2
- Voltage: 115
- Weight: 64
- Dimensions: 25" x 16" x 14"
- Part Number: 3030s
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Standard Horizon 3030s Strip Cut Paper Shredder Review
When it comes to office shredders, Standard is known for quality and their 3030s model is no exception. Compact and durable, this easy to use machine is perfect for small to medium office use. It’s high capacity is designed for speed, handling up to 16 sheets at once as fast as 18 feet per minute. The large 10 gallon bin is easy to empty and on casters for convenient moving. Features such as an automatic on/off as well as bag full/jam auto-off make this machine capable of accommodating all your office needs. Here is a more in depth look at Standard’s 3030s.
- Standing only 25 inches tall, this shredder stores neatly next to or beneath any desk or table. The casters make an otherwise heavy machine easily transportable, either around the office or to the recycle bin to be emptied.
- The ample 10 gallon waste container reduces the number of trips needed to empty the trash. It also comes equipped with a sensor designed to alert the user if the bin is open. This helps to prevent shreds from spilling out onto the floor. The waste bin is also built to be easily emptied, creating less hassle for you.
- An automatic on/off feature allows use when needed and saves electricity when not. It also senses when the bag is full or when there is a paper jam, shutting down instead of allowing more use and making the problem worse.
- The 9.5 inch throat width accommodates up to 16 sheets at one time, leaving you free to focus on more important tasks. For times when you have higher volume needs, it quickly disposes of your papers at a speedy rate of up to 18 feet per minute.
- The 3030s contains blades that slice your papers into 1/8 inch shreds. While this is not as secure as modern cross cut machines, those offices needing only low-level security will find this to be adequate. For higher security needs, Standard also makes high quality cross cut shredders.
- Because this model reduces paper into strips, the bin will fill up quicker than a contemporary cross cut shredder. Even so, the container itself is a sizable 10 gallons and is able to contain a reasonable amount of waste before needing to be emptied.
- This model comes with a limited 9.5 inch paper entry. For most small to medium office use, this may not present a problem. However, for those who find themselves shredding many longer documents, an upgrade to a higher model with a wider opening may be appropriate.
Standard’s 3000 line of office shredders are designed for convenience and ease of use and this one is no exception. The easy to empty 10 gallon bin allows for less trips to take out the trash while the casters make it simple to move. Tearing through 16 sheets at once at 18 feet per minute gives the user more time to concentrate on work instead of shredding. And the automatic on/off function as well as the bag full/jam auto-off work together to create an uncomplicated shredding experience. When considering a shredder for you low level security needs, this model is definitely one to check out.