Sorry, but Standard Horizon 3030x5 High Security Cross Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Standard Horizon 3030x5 High Security Cross Cut Paper Shredder
- Bag full/jam Auto-Off
- Waste Container Open Detection
- Level 5 High Security Shredding
- Mobile on Casters
- Security Level: Level 5 Cross Cut
- Feed Width: 9.5"
- Sheet Capacity: 5 sheets
- Shred Size: 1/32" x 7/16"
- Speed: 13 feet/min
- Waste Volume: 10 gallons
- Motor HP: 1/2
- Voltage: 115
- Weight: 66 lbs
- Dimensions: 25" x 16" x 14"
- Part Number: 3030x5
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Standard Horizon 3030×5 High Security Cross Cut Paper Shredder Review
The smallest in Standard’s line of high security shredders is the 3030×5 Cross Cut Paper Shredder. This deskside device is built for reliability and information security in home offices and small businesses with high security needs. The cross cutting blades shred documents into particles small enough to meet all NSA’s standards for destruction, making it ideal not only for home use but also use in government agencies, hospitals and other businesses with high risk information to destroy. Here is a closer look at this powerful machine.
- This deskside shredder may be small but is still equipped with many automatic features seen on larger Standard shredders. The automatic on/off function ensures the machine is only using electricity when actually in use. The automatic off also activates when the bag is full or if there is a paper jam. This allows the user to empty the bag or un-jam the blades in a timely manner instead of unknowingly make the problem worse.
- This machine is designed for high level 5 security needs. The cross cutting blades turn documents into 1/32 inch by 7/16 inch particles, rendering them virtually impossible to reassemble. These pieces meet the NSA’s standards for destruction, including Top Secret, COMSEC, INFOSEC, CRYTOLOGIC and SCI. Any documents will be destroyed beyond recognition.
- The 9.5 inch throat width accommodates 5 sheets at a time at speeds up to 13 feet per minute. Your personal records are quickly obliterated, keeping your information safe.
- The shreds are dropped into an easily emptied ten gallon waste bin. The bin is equipped with a waste container open detection system that ceases shredding and alerts the user to the open bin. This helps to prevent use of the machine while hands are potentially near the shredder heads. Once properly latched, the machine will continue to shred as normal.
- As with many smaller shredders, the 3030×5 is not outfitted with a continuous duty motor. You may find in the middle of shredding a large stack of papers that your shredder suddenly stops working. Simply let it rest for a little while and come back to it later. If you need more use than this smaller model allows, consider upgrading to the next model, the 3080×5, which offers a continuous cycle.
- This machine is petite, with a limited 9.5 inch paper entry, slow capacity for only few sheets at a time and a small 10 gallon waste container. These are appropriate sizes for home and small business usage where high security shredding is often only minimally needed. When shopping for a medium to larger office, a larger model may be preferred for higher use than this one.
For high security needs, this is a great little shredder. Compact for home and small office use, this deskside shredder has automatic features that are simple to operate. The cross cutting mechanism turns confidential documents into tiny confetti, ensuring safety for any private information, no matter how secret. We recommend this excellent machine for your light duty, high security needs.