We're sorry, but we no longer offer this item.
Call us at 1-800-944-4573 for personalized recommendations
or check out these similar items that may be a good fit:
Standard Horizon 3080x4 Cross Cut Paper Shredder
- Automatic On/Off
- Continuous Cycle
- Bag full/jam Auto-Off
- Waste Container Open Detection
- Medium duty paper shredding
- Mobile on Casters
- Security Level: Level 4 Cross Cut
- Feed Width: 10"
- Sheet Capacity: 14 sheets
- Shred Size: 1/12" x 9/16"
- Speed: 22 feet/min
- Waste Volume: 16 gallons
- Motor HP: 1
- Voltage: 115
- Weight: 125
- Dimensions: 30.5" x 16.75" x 15.25"
- Part Number: 3050x4
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Standard Horizon 3080×4 Cross Cut Paper Shredder Review
At the top of Standard’s 3000 line of office shredders sits the 3080×4 cross cut shredder. This high security device is equipped with many automatic features, making it easy to use. These include a automatic on/off, auto reverse, waste container open detection and more. Built for moderate use in medium to larger offices, the continuous cycle allows for constant use without down time. Eating 14 sheets at once at a rate of 22 feet per minute, this device effortlessly shreds your documents into unidentifiable pieces, keeping you and your identity safe. Here is a closer look at the Standard 3080×4.
- Designed for easy use, this machine comes with an automatic on/off that senses when someone tries to use the shredder. At the same time, it recognizes when the device is not in use and powers down to save electricity. The automatic off function also activates when there is a paper jam or if the bag is full. After the waste bin is easily emptied, the shredder can detect if the door has been accidentally left open and alert the user. If a paper jam does occur, the machine reverses the paper out in an effort to prevent a further over stuffing and helps the user unjam the blades.
- This machine is also able to run continuously, unlike many smaller shredders. During times of high use, rest assured you won’t be stuck waiting for your shredder to rest.
- The cross cutting blades on the 3080×4 can devour up to 14 sheets of paper at once and quickly turns them into miniscule pieces as fast as 22 feet per minute. At only 1/12 inch by 9/16 inch, these particles are practically impossible to reassemble, resulting in higher security for you and your identity, as well as any confidential client information you may need to dispose of.
- Lastly, the machine is on casters, enabling easy transportation to the recycle bin.
- The throat width is only 10 inches. For the average medium to large office, this is wide enough to handle most shredding needs. Businesses that have a high ratio of wider documents that need shredding may want to look at a different model with a longer paper entry.
- The waste container only holds 16 gallons. In general, that is a sizable amount of space and most offices won’t find this to be a problem. However, for high volume shredding, a higher model with a larger waste bin may be needed.
The Standard line up of office shredders are durable, high quality products and the 3080×4 is at the top of that line. Its numerous automatic features make it easy to use. The cross cutting action of the blades render any document into tiny particles virtually impossible to piece back together. This creates a high level 4 level of security for you and your clientele. The 16 gallon waste bin is on casters for smooth mobility and is easy to empty. The Standard 3080×4 is an excellent well equipped choice for your next office shredder.