Sorry, but Standard Horizon 4040s Strip Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Standard Horizon 4040s Strip Cut Paper Shredder
- Automatic On/Off
- Continuous Cycle
- Bag full/jam Auto-Off
- Waste Container Open Detection
- Medium duty paper shredding
- Mobile on Casters
- Security Level: Level 2 Strip Cut
- Feed Width: 16"
- Sheet Capacity: 27 sheets
- Shred Size: 1/4"
- Speed: 50 feet/min
- Waste Volume: 35 gallons
- Motor HP: 1 1/2
- Voltage: 115
- Weight: 160
- Dimensions: 33.5" x 25.5" x 17"
- Part Number: 4040s
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Standard Horizon 4040s Strip Cut Shredder Review
Standard developed their 4000 line of shredders specifically for centralized departmental shredding needs. The Horizon 4040s is a durable, low-level security shredder built for multi-user, high demand use. Its extensive automatic features make it convenient for easy, medium duty use and the casters give added mobility. With high sheet capacity and rapid rates of shredding, the 4040s can accommodate the shredding needs of your busy office. A huge, easy to empty waste bin ensures minimal trips to the trash. Here is a closer look at what this machine has to offer.
- The many automatic functions on this device make use a breeze. The machine begins shredding as soon as it senses your papers in the feed slot. Unlike many smaller devices, this one doesn’t need any down time, providing you with continuous shredding. When you’ve finished, it automatically switches itself off and saves electricity. It also shuts down when the bag is full or if there is a paper jam. If a jam does occur, the auto reverse slides the items out of the machine, preventing the problem from worsening and helping you to unclog the machine.
- An extra wide opening of 16 inches allows documents of all sizes to easily pass through. The paper entry can handle up to 27 sheets at once and quickly slices paper and other documents into quarter inch strips at impressive rates up to 50 feet per minute. This results in little time spent shredding, allowing you to focus on more important tasks.
- This shredder comes equipped with a massive 35 gallon waste bin, well able to hold a reasonable amount of shreds before needing to be emptied. When the bin does get emptied, the waste container open detection system alerts a user if the door is still open and the blades won’t shred. This prevents any accidental injuries from occurring in the event that someone’s hands came too close to the shredding blades while in use.
- This is a low-level security device. For generic, everyday shredding, ¼ inch shreds are secure enough. However, if your office needs higher than a level 2 security rating, Standard offers comparable machines to this one in cross cut models.
- The strip cut shreds fill the waste container much quicker than a contemporary cross cut shredder. The sizable 35 gallon waste bin ensures that this is not a problem for most medium to larger offices. But if you’re looking to further reduce your trips to the recycle bin, Standard also designs departmental shredders equipped with higher volume waste containers.
The specs on this machine speak for itself; the Standard Horizon 4040s is well suited for the needs of many medium to larger offices. Packed with automatic features, it offers simple and convenient use. The generous capacity and speed abilities promise rapid efficiency. Finally, the oversized waste bin provides ample storage for the shreds. For a medium duty shredder in high demand, the Standard Horizon 4040s is a great choice.