Sorry, but Standard Horizon 4040x Cross Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Standard Horizon 4040x Cross Cut Paper Shredder
- Automatic On/Off
- Continuous Cycle
- Bag full/jam Auto-Off
- Waste Container Open Detection
- Medium duty paper shredding
- Mobile on Casters
- Security Level: Level 3 Cross Cut
- Feed Width: 16"
- Sheet Capacity: 16 sheets
- Shred Size: 1/8" x 1-3/8"
- Speed: 50 feet/min
- Waste Volume: 35 gallons
- Motor HP: 1 1/2
- Voltage: 115
- Weight: 160
- Dimensions: 33.5" x 25.5" x 17"
- Part Number: 4040x
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Standard Horizon 4040x Cross Cut Shredder Review
The Standard level of quality is once again demonstrated on the Horizon 4040x Cross Cut Shredder. Built for heavy duty, continuous use, this device is packed with automatic features that make it simple and efficient to use. With high capacities and rapid rates of shredding, it functions well as a centralized departmental shredder for use by many people in medium to larger offices. With a level three security level, medium risk documents stay safe in the small particles created by the cross cutting blades. The following is a more in depth look at the Standard Horizon 4040x.
- The abundance of automatic functions on this machine makes use simple. As documents near the blades, a sensor turns the shredder on when you need it. Continuous cycle abilities allow all day use so you won’t spend your time waiting for the machine to rest. When not in use, it automatically shuts down, preventing valuable resources from being needlessly used. The machine is also designed to shut down when the bag is full or if there is a paper jam. On the rare occasion a paper jam does occur, the automatic reverse function kicks in, feeding the jammed paper back out. This helps the stop the problem from becoming worse and also aids the user in un-jamming the blades.
- At 16 inches wide, the paper entry easily accepts most sizes of paper up to 16 sheets at a time. And with speeds up to 50 feet per minute, you won’t wait all day for your documents to go through, leaving you more time to concentrate on other tasks.
- The cross cutting mechanism is designed to turn your full size paperwork into small particles, only 1/8 inch by 1-3/8 inch in size. This is small enough to qualify as a medium level 3 security, safe enough for most office purposes.
- Those tiny pieces fall into a giant, easy to empty 35 gallon waste bin. The waste container open detection lets a user know if the door isn’t fully latched. This works to protect hands from getting caught in the shredder heads, making the machine safer for use.
- This cross cut shredder only offers a medium security level. Level 3 security is appropriate for most office use. However, if you have an abundance of high security documents that need disposed of, you may want to consider an upgrade to the Horizon 4040×4 model, a comparable shredder to this one that offers a level 4 security at a similar price.
- Built for high demand use in medium to larger offices, the 35 gallon bin is adequate for many businesses. But if your office falls into the high end of larger offices, you may have need for a higher capacity waste container. If this is the case, be sure to check out Standard’s larger departmental shredders with a 50 gallon waste bin.
Overall, the Standard Horizon 4040x is an excellent choice for medium to larger offices. Its durable, uncomplicated design makes it easy to use by multiple people. With fast rates to accommodate heavy duty, high demand use, this machine is ideal as a central shredder for the medium security needs of any business.