We're sorry, but we no longer offer this item.
Call us at 1-800-944-4573 for personalized recommendations
or check out these similar items that may be a good fit:
Standard Horizon 4040x4 Cross Cut Paper Shredder
- Automatic On/Off
- Continuous Cycle
- Bag full/jam Auto-Off
- Waste Container Open Detection
- Medium duty paper shredding
- Mobile on Casters
- Security Level: Level 4 Cross Cut
- Feed Width: 16"
- Sheet Capacity: 10 sheets
- Shred Size: 1/12" x 7/16"
- Speed: 50 feet/min
- Waste Volume: 35 gallons
- Motor HP: 1 1/2
- Voltage: 115
- Weight: 160
- Dimensions: 33.5" x 25.5" x 17"
- Part Number: 4040x4
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Standard Horizon 4040×4 Cross Cut Shredder Review
One choice among many departmental shredders is the Standard Horizon 4040×4 Cross Cut Shredder. Packed with automatic features for simple and convenient use, this durable machine is built to withstand the high demand shredding needs of medium to larger offices. Offering a high level 4 security level, confidential information is rapidly turned into tiny confetti and stored in an easy to empty waste bin. Let’s take a closer look at this centralized shredder option.
- Use of this machine is simple and uncomplicated, thanks to the myriad of automatic functions. You don’t even have to worry about turning it on; a sensor detects your documents and begins shredding automatically. Have a huge pile of things to shred? The continuous duty motor easily eats it up without needing down time. And if you accidentally over feed the machine, the blades stop slicing and the automatic reverse function feeds the items right back to you, enabling you to quickly fix the paper jam and continue working. The machine also turns itself off when the bag is full, preventing overflowing of the shreds. When you’ve finished shredding, the machine powers down to save electricity.
- The wide 16 inch paper entry effortlessly accepts all sizes of documents up to 10 sheets at a time. With speeds up to 50 feet per minute, you can quickly shred your stack and be on your way.
- The cross cutting mechanism digests your paperwork into miniscule 1/12 inch by 7/16 inch particles. This keeps not only your records safe but also protects any confidential client information you may have. The tiny particles also fill the bin much slower than traditional strip cut shreds found on lower security machines.
- Finally, the 35 gallon waste bin is ample space for most offices and empties easily into a recycle bin. It is also fitted with a waste container open detection system, which shuts the blades off if the door is open. This prevents hands from being accidentally injured while in the machine.
- The machine can only handle ten sheets of paper at once. At speeds up to 50 feet per minute, this isn’t a problem for most users. However, if you find yourself spending too long feeding paper into the shredder, you may consider a different model with a larger sheet capacity.
- While the 35 gallon waste bin is designed to be adequate for most medium to larger offices, some may wish to further reduce their trips to the trash. Again, 35 gallons is a very generous size and should be fine for most businesses. Offices with extremely high shredding needs or use by a larger number of people may need a shredder with a higher volume waste container, such as the one found on Standard’s 4070 models.
The Standard Horizon 4040×4 is a great option for medium to larger offices needing a high level security shredder designed for heavy duty, high demand use by multiple people. The many automatic functions allow for simple, convenient and easy use. And the power of the blades ensures security for you and your clientele. Be sure to check this model out when shopping for your next high security office shredder.