Sorry, but Standard Horizon 4040x5 High Security Cross Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Standard Horizon 4040x5 High Security Cross Cut Paper Shredder
- Continuous Cycle
- Bag full/jam Auto-Off
- Waste Container Open Detection
- Level 5 High Security Shredding
- Mobile on Casters
- Security Level: Level 5 Cross Cut
- Feed Width: 16"
- Sheet Capacity: 13 sheets
- Shred Size: 1/32" x 7/16"
- Speed: 20 feet/min
- Waste Volume: 35 gallons
- Motor HP: 1 1/2
- Voltage: 115
- Weight: 180 lbs
- Dimensions: 35" x 33.5" x 25.5"
- Part Number: 4040x5
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Standard Horizon 4040×5 High Security Cross Cut Shredder Review
One choice among high security shredders is the Standard Horizon 4040×5 Cross Cut Shredder. Built for medium to larger offices, this durable machine is equipped with cross cutting blades powerful enough to render your documents unrecognizable. A high level 5 security separates this from other similar size shredders, making this machine appropriate for government agencies, hospitals and other institutions dealing with confidential information. The automatic features and generous sizes lead to easy, convenient use. Here is a closer look at the 4040×5.
- Preprogrammed functions make way for simple, uncomplicated use. The automatic on/off feature allows the machine to be ready to shred whenever needed. It also powers down when not in use in order to save energy. The continuous duty motor offers constant use without the downtime needed by smaller machines. When the bag is full or if a paper jam occurs, the machine activates the automatic off and shuts down to keep from exacerbating the problem before giving the user an opportunity to fix it. If the paper is over fed, the automatic reverse feeds the paper back out, helping to unclog the blades.
- The 16 inch paper entry accepts 13 sheets at once and destroys them as fast as 20 feet per minute. For a level 5 security device, that is an excellent rate of destruction, helping to ensure quick obliteration of any highly classified material.
- The shreds fall into a sizable, easy to empty 35 gallon bin. The waste container is equipped with an open detection system, which senses if the door is open. The machine won’t shred and lets the user know the container is open. In the instance that someone’s hand is inside the machine, this prevents them from accidentally coming into contact with blades in use.
- Finally, the biggest strength of this shredder is the high level 5 security provided by the cross cutting blades. Full size documents are diced into tiny 1/32 inch by 7/16 inch particles, leaving sensitive information unrecognizable. This meets the NSA’s standards for document destruction, including Top Secret, COMSEC, INFOSEC, CRYTOLOGIC, and SCI. Any confidential information from phone numbers to bank accounts is completely secure.
- This machine is heavy, weighing in at 180 pounds. However, the casters on the bottom make for easy mobility.
- The capabilities of this shredder, including the capacity of the paper entry, the speed of the blades, and the large waste bin, are designed for medium to larger offices and should be ample for those businesses. Offices on the larger side or big departments looking for a central shredder might consider upgrading to the next model to accommodate them. Along those same lines, smaller or home offices may find this machine to be more than they need and should look at Standard’s smaller high security models.
The Standard Horizon 4040×5 is an excellent choice for any office needing a level five high security shredder. The many automatic functions make operation of this device simple and convenient. Medium to larger offices will find this durable machine well suited to accommodate all their high risk shredding needs. The 4040×5 is a great option for your next high security shredder.