Sorry, but Standard Horizon 4070x Cross Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Standard Horizon 4070x Cross Cut Paper Shredder
- Automatic On/Off
- Continuous Cycle
- Bag full/jam Auto-Off
- Waste Container Open Detection
- Medium duty paper shredding
- Mobile on Casters
- Security Level: Level 3 Cross Cut
- Feed Width: 16"
- Sheet Capacity: 30 sheets
- Shred Size: 1/8 x 3-1/8"
- Speed: 22 feet/min
- Waste Volume: 50 gallons
- Motor HP: 2
- Voltage: 115*
- Weight: 335
- Dimensions: 46.5" x 27.5" x 24"
- Part Number: 4070x
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Standard Horizon 4070x Cross Cut Shredder Review
Standard has developed a reputation for delivering high quality office products and the Horizon 4070x Cross Cut Shredder is no exception. Sitting at the top of their 4000 line of departmental shredders, this durable machine is teeming with automatic features that make it convenient and easy to use. It is ideal for the high demand shredding needs of medium to larger offices. Equipped with cross cutting blades and a continuous duty motor, the 4070x is an excellent heavy duty, medium security, central shredder. Let’s take a closer look.
- Numerous automatic elements make using this machine a cakewalk. For starters, the device senses papers in the feed and begins shredding them automatically. On the flip side, the machine powers down when not in use, saving energy and electricity. It also turns off when the bag is full or if there is a paper jam. If the blades are over fed, shredding ceases and the automatic reverse function activates, sending the jammed papers back out. This enables the user to quickly and easily fix the paper jam
- Another highly convenient feature is the continuous duty motor. This allows for extended use without needing time to rest.
- The 16 inch throat width effortlessly accepts all sizes of document. Handling up to 30 sheets at once, the blades devour them as fast as 22 feet per minute. This gives you more time to work on important tasks and less time spent shredding.
- The cross cutting blades dice full size papers into tiny 1/8 inch by 3-1/8 inch pieces, rendering the documents unreadable. The miniscule particles keep both you and your identity safe. They also protect any confidential client information you may need to dispose of.
- Finally, the 4070x is equipped with an enormous 50 gallon waste container. Although it is easy to empty, you may not need to remove the bag very often as the confetti shreds fill it slowly. The waste bin has an open detection system. If the door is open, the machine alerts the user and will not shred. This aids in the prevention of accidental injury in case hands are near the shredding blades on the inside.
- One thing to watch for when choosing a shredder is what security level you need. This machine only offers a level 3. While this is adequate for most businesses, some need a higher security level and may consider looking at a different model.
- This device shreds at a rate of 22 feet per minute. This is excellent for a cross cut shredder and for most medium to larger offices this provides a quick and efficient shredding experience. Others may have fewer shredding needs and will be satisfied with a slower model. However, some larger offices may need a more powerful machine and would benefit from an industrial model.
Overall, this machine is highly suitable for the medium security needs of any office. Automatic features lead to easy use. The blades rapidly make tiny cross cuts to keep you and your clientele secure. And the massive 50 gallon waste bin is easy to empty and fills up slowly. We would highly recommend the Standard Horizon 4070x for your next departmental shredder.