Sorry, but Standard Horizon 4070x5 High Security Cross Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Standard Horizon 4070x5 High Security Cross Cut Paper Shredder
- Continuous Cycle
- Bag full/jam Auto-Off
- Waste Container Open Detection
- Level 5 High Security Shredding
- Mobile on Casters
- Security Level: Level 5 Cross Cut
- Feed Width: 16"
- Sheet Capacity: 11 sheets
- Shred Size: 1/32" x 7/16"
- Speed: 25 feet/min
- Waste Volume: 50 gallons
- Motor HP: 2
- Voltage: 115
- Weight: 215 lbs
- Dimensions: 35" x 33.5" x 25.5"
- Part Number: 4070x5
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Standard Horizon 4070×5 High Security Cross Cut Paper Shredder Review
The largest in Standard’s line of high security shredders, the 4070×5 is ideal for any office needing to securely dispose of sensitive material. This machine meets the NSA’s demands for document destruction, including those of Top Secret, COMSEC, INFOSEC, CRYTOLOGIC, and SCI. The fast motion of the cross cutting blades rapidly transforms full size documents into tiny confetti. A plethora of automatic functions lead to simple and easy use. Here is a closer look at the 4070×5.
- First, the 4070×5 is packed with automatic features. A sensor detects when paper is inserted and begins shredding on cue without needing to be turned on. While in use, the machine offers a continuous duty motor for constant shredding with no downtime, even when used all day. The automatic off function also activates when the bag is full or if there is a paper jam. In the case of overfed paper, the device automatically reverses the paper back out to the user, helping to unclog the blades. Finally, when not in use the shredder is programmed to power down. This saves you precious electricity.
- The wide 16 inch paper entry effortlessly accepts most documents from letter to legal size. The blades take up to 11 sheets at once and devour them as fast as 25 feet per minute. The swift action leaves you spending less time shredding and more time working.
- The cross cutting mechanism is what makes this machine stand out. With durable blades quickly slicing paperwork into tiny 1/32 inch by 7/16 inch particles, any highly classified information is securely discarded. This miniscule confetti meets the NSA’s standards for secure destruction of sensitive material, giving this machine a high level 5 security rating. You can be sure that any information going in will be completely obliterated and unable to be reassembled.
- Finally, those minute shreds are stored in an easy to empty, massive 50 gallon waste bin. After being emptied, the machine will not begin shredding until the door is properly latched and alerts the user to the open container. This prevents accidental injury to hands in the machine while in use.
- Weighing in at 215 pounds, this is a heavy piece of office equipment. However, it is fitted with casters, giving it easier mobility for moving around an office. Its size might make it too large for a home or small office; those users may consider a smaller model for their high security needs.
- Compared to other shredders you may have seen, 11 sheets at once isn’t all that impressive. Even so, it is an excellent rate for a high security, cross cutting machine. Keep in mind that it destroys your shredding pile at a rapid 25 feet per minute and has a shelf to hold a stack of documents while you’re busy feeding the machine.
The Standard Horizon 4070×5 is robust enough to handle the high security needs of any business. The abundance of automatic features allow for easy, continuous operation. The cross cutting blades leave documents destroyed small enough for businesses needing a high level 5 security. We would definitely recommend the 4070×5 for your next high security office shredder.