Sorry, but Standard M2 Desktop Booklet Maker is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Standard M2 Desktop Booklet Maker
- Overview: The M2 Bookletmaker from Standard is the ideal on-demand, shortrun bookletmaker for today's schools, churches, clubs and organizations, corporate sales and marketing departments, in-plant print facilities, copy centers and quick printers --- virtually any operation that requires short-run, professionally finished documents. In fact, the M2's simple desk top design, featuring fast set-up and change-over --- less than 60 seconds, gives the M2 superior short run capabilities. With the M2, even a run of one booklet is economical. The appearance of almost every document can be enhanced when produced in a booklet format. The M2 can create up to a 60-page booklet while efficiently producing them at speeds of up to 800 booklets per hour. Perfect for producing Sunday bulletins, cookbooks, manuals, catalogs, pamphlets, proposals, book self-publishing and more! Advances in personal computers, duplicating, copying and laser printing have brought new levels of quality into the hands of many individuals, small businesses and organizations. The M2 provides the means to provide a quality finish to those documents. Inside and out, the results will be great!
- Easy Operation: The M2 control panel is simple to understand and operate. Stapling and folding a document exactly on center with a single push of a button is incredibly easy, every time.
- Precision Engineering: The superior design of the M2 lets the operator produce big machine results in a desktop design. The precision design of the heavy-duty stapler heads will provide many years of trouble-free bookletmaking.
- Unique Staple Head Positioning: A unique lever-lock system allows for quick relocation of the staple heads for various booklet sizes, and requires no tools.
- Easy Two-Step Operation: To finish any document, the operator simply inserts the stock and presses a button --- it's that easy! The M2 produces booklets with standard or loop staples, and can fold pamphlets without stapling.
- The Standard Staple: Standard staples are made of high quality refined iron or steel. They are chisel-pointed to cleanly and accurately penetrate a thick set of paper. Specially formulated adhesive allows for staple separation without jamming.
- Flat Paper Size (WxL): 6" x 8.5" to 11" x 17"
- Finished Booklet Size (WxL): 6" x 4.25" to 8.5" x 11"
- Maximum Number of Sheets: 15 sheets 20# bond (or equivalent)
- Staple Heads: Standard 2, Maximum 5
- Staple Magazine Capacity: 210 staples
- Staple Type: Regular 26/6, 26/8 - Loop 26/6
- Machine Dimensions: 11.5"H x 19.3"W x 16"D
- Weight/Shipping Wgt: 86 lbs./90lbs.
- Power: 110V, 60hz, 100W
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty, 2 Year on Stapler Head
Standard M2 Desktop Booklet Maker Review
Booklets are a great way to share information with the world whether you're creating catalogs, marketing materials, or even creative writing anthologies. However, putting these documents together can take a lot of time, especially when you need to produce a lot of them. That's why people frequently choose to invest in machines such as the Standard M2 Desktop Booklet Maker. We recently had a chance to put the M2 to work to see what it can do and if it's worth your consideration. Here's what we found out as well as how we rated it on a scale of 1 to 10.
The M2 can help you create booklets of varying sizes. It's compatible with paper ranging in size from 6" x 8.5" to 11" x 17". The documents you create can measure up to 8.5" x 11".
This device has a feed tray that can hold up to 15 sheets of 20 lb. bond paper. This will allow you to put together materials that are up to 60 pages long.
The M2 can use from 2 to 5 staple heads so all of your documents can be securely bound no matter what their dimensions are. The staple heads can be reconfigured without any special tools. The magazine can hold up to 210 staples so you won't need to replenish them constantly. Also, both regular and loop staples are compatible with this device. (Loop staples make it possible for your documents to be stored in ring binders.)
You can also choose to fold documents and not staple them. That helps make this device very flexible.
The M2 is extremely easy to use. It involves little more than dropping the paper in the feed tray and then pressing a button. You can potentially create more than 800 books per hour with this device.
This is a booklet maker that's small enough to be stored on a desktop. It measures approximately 12" (height) x 19" (width) x 16" (depth). It's a bit heavy though since it weighs 90 pounds.
The stapler heads are covered by a two-year warranty. Everything else is covered for one year.
Overall rating: 9. We were really impressed with the Standard M2 Desktop Booklet Maker and think it would be a great choice for offices, schools, print shops, and so on. It's compatible with a terrific variety of paper sizes and it's nice that your documents can contain up to 60 pages. The adjustable staple heads are a fantastic feature and it's great that they can be moved around without tools. We were also impressed by this machine's speed (800 booklets per hour is pretty impressive!) and that it's really easy to operate. It's certainly a lot easier - and faster - to use this device to produce professional-looking bookets rather than doing it by hand. The small size is also a plus and would make it a terrific choice for cramped workspaces. Overall, the M2 is one of the best booklet makers on the market, so it would be a great one to take a look at if you're into such a device.