Sterling Digibinder Plus Automatic Perfect Binding Machine
14950 NewCondition InStock
Sterling Digibinder Plus Automatic Perfect Binding Machine
The Sterling Digibinder Plus has all of the standard features of the Digibinder with a few extras: It includes a stand, which is on casters, as well as a safety cover which will stop the operation of the machine when lifted. More importantly, it includes a vacuum waste removal system, which allows for the use of even heavier duty notching pins, which prepare the spine for gluing. This perfect binder is completely self-adjusting and its pneumatic clamp and nipper adjust automatically. The Digibinder Plus can bind a thin book, then a thick book, without any adjustments whatsoever. It can bind books that are two-sheet thick up to 2.25” thick at a speed of 360 books per hour. This machine has a unique, heavy duty roughing blade that allows for the binding of offset stock, coated stock, and stock with oil based or wax based inks. Its twin glue rollers ensure an even glue application as does a third, metering roller to smooth out the glue. The Digibinder Plus side glues for hinge covers and even creates a light hinge due to the nipper pressure, which is adjustable. Plus, it can bind perfectly square backed books or pads. With all of these awesome features, surely this Sterling Digibinder Plus Automatic Perfect Binding Machine sets the bar high for all perfect binders to follow.
This machine is available to customers anywhere in the US except in Georgia, Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Maryland, D.C., Massachusetts, and Michigan.**Installation is required and not included in the price
- Auto Clamp. The clamp adjusts automatically between two sheets and 2.25 inches. Both the clamp and nipper are pneumatic, run by the supplied silent compressor.
- Roughing Blade. The unique roughing blade includes a serrated edge which can also hold up to six notching pins. This allows for maximum glue penetration and book strength.
- Side Gluing. The Digibinder side glues the rear of the spine by use of a side gluing pin. The book is then nipped in such a way that glue is forced into the front of the book creating a line of side glue there as well.
- Twin Glue Rollers. Two glue rollers saturate the spine with glue. A third metering roller smooths out the glue to the desired thickness.
- Nipper Control. The distance that the nipper travels can be set to produce more square backed books. The dwell time can be set up to 3 seconds. The nipper height can also be adjusted.
- Stand/Safety Cover. The Digibinder Plus includes a stand on casters. The compressor and vacuum are installed in the stand. A safety cover disables the machine when in the open position.
- Heavy Duty Notching. The Digibinder Plus sports heavier duty notching pins, designed to grind deeper into the spine to facilitate the binding of problems stocks.
- Waste Removal. The Digibinder Plus includes a vacuum waste removal system. This facilitates the ability to rough and notch deeper to maximize the strength of the book.
- Speed: Up to 360 BPH
- Maximum Book Thickness: 2.25" / 57mm
- Minimum Book Thickness: 2 sheets
- Maximum Spine Length: 12.5" / 32cm
- Maximum Cover Size: 13.4 x 30.75"/34 X 78cm
- Power: 220V 1 Phase 12 Amps/2.3kw
- Dimensions: 32" L X 54.4" W X 52" H / 81.3 L X 138 W X 132cm H
Write Your Own Review
The Sterling Digibinder Plus Automatic Perfect Binder
Transcript: Spill associates presents the Sterling Digibinder Plus Perfect Binder. As you can see the machine is totally self-adjusting, goes to from thin books to thick books without any adjusting. Just place the cover on the nipper table, put the book block on the clamp and push the start button. The Digibinder does the rest. It rubs the notches, applies the glue leathers the glue and nips the book at the desired thickness. Here we are binding about four books per minute or two hundred and forty books per hour. The Digibinder employs a unique roughing blade that not only notches but roughs the entire sp ... Read More
Spill associates presents the Sterling Digibinder Plus Perfect Binder. As you can see the machine is totally self-adjusting, goes to from thin books to thick books without any adjusting. Just place the cover on the nipper table, put the book block on the clamp and push the start button. The Digibinder does the rest. It rubs the notches, applies the glue leathers the glue and nips the book at the desired thickness. Here we are binding about four books per minute or two hundred and forty books per hour. The Digibinder employs a unique roughing blade that not only notches but roughs the entire spine for gluing. This way the glues stays same throughout the entire background of the book increasing its strength. Twin glue rollers ensures full and even coverage of the spine. A metering roller is included to smooth out the glue applied to the background. The nipper is strong enough to bind most books without creasing the cover. Binding books with digital coded stack is not a problem for the Digibinder. You can even bind books with wax based or oil infused stack. In addition to binding paper bag books the machine will also bind pads.Santiago Machado: We have about six of these units.Interviewer: All in different locations? Santiago Machado: Different locations throughout the country.Interviewer: And how long have you been using Digibinders? Santiago Macho: My goodness that would be…roughly about six years ever since the first one came out of the market.Interviewer: So how do you like it? Santiago Machado: It is one of the best machines you have got going on. With this machine [Inaudible 03:13] you can draw a lot of it on it. Simple to set-up. Not complicated. I love it.Sarah: Hi I am Sarah, nine years ago I was recruited to operate the Digi binder in the first video, let us watch. Arrange three boxes of three different sizes. A quarter of an inch, three quarters of an inch and one and a half inches of thickness. Well I processed that and saw the features of the Sterling Digibinder. The first being maximum fitness. The machine can nap a box of up to two and a quarter inches or fifty seven millimeters thick. Here is a sample of a customer’s two and a quarter inch thick book. This little machine can provide with big profits center for your company and remember the new binders without makeup this machine is perfect. The simplest is the shortcut. The Digibinder is the most sophisticated entry level perfect binder on the market. It is perfect for on demand and employment parameters. Whether you are binding offset or coded stock soft covers or case bound books the Digibinder does the job good for lengths of three, three hundred or three thousand. The future of perfect binding is here with the Sterling Digibinder and the Sterling Digibinder Plus.
Asked by David Wiseman
The PUR glue unfortunately will not work with this machine because it melts at a different temperature. If you need assistance on buying supplies for this machine, please contact us at 800-944-4573 Monday-Friday 6am to 5pm PST.
Answered by Mybinding.com