- Strip-cut shredder meets basic security needs (Level P-2)
- Shreds up to 22 sheets at a time
- 13-gallon pull-out waste bin with bin full indicator
- Continuous duty run time lets you shred more paper faster
- Ultra quiet (≤60dB) to ensure minimal disruption in the office environment
- Non-stop Jam Free™ red and green LED lights indicate whether or you are exceeding or within capacity to prevent jams before they occur
- Intelligent Power Save™ auto shut down with automatic wake-up conserves energy
- Shreds DVDs, CDs, credit cards, paper clips, staples and documents
- Wheels attached for easy mobility
- 2 year warranty, 15 years on cutter
- 14"L x 19"W x 24"H
- UPC: 033816094147
- Bin Capacity (gallons): 13
- Cut Type: Strip-cut
- Detailed Color: Black/Silver
- Entry Width: 10"
- Jam Free Type: Non-stop Jam Free™
- Number of Shreds Per Page: 54
- Period of Warranty: 2 years
- Run Time/Cool Down Time: Continuous
- Safety Features: CSAus
- Security Level: P-2
- Sheet Capacity (20 lb paper): 22
- Shred Size: 1/4"
- Shred Speed (per minute): 16'
- Shredder Usage: Departmental Shredder
- Dimensions: 24"H x 19"W x 14"D
Swingline DS22-13 Shredder Review
- Swingline is a company that's famous for its high-quality staplers and they're now becoming known for making first-rate shredders. One of their devices is the DS22-13, a machine that's suitable for everyday shredding in busy offices. What follows is a rundown of the shredder's strengths and weaknesses. Check them out so you can decide if the DS22-13 is the right shredder for you.
- This shredder can process up to 22 sheets at a time. It can also shred CD's, credit cards, paper clips, and staples. The machine has a 13-gallon bin so you'll be able to shred a lot of documents before needing to empty the bin.
- The DS22-13 is a continuous-duty shredder so you'll be able to use it for larger shredding jobs without any problem. This machine can shred up to 16 feet of paper for minute so you'll be able to get rid of your documents quickly.
- This shredder has the ability to shut off automatically. This is a terrific feature that will help you conserve energy and it also prevents the motor from overheating.
- The DS22-13 is one of Swingline's jam-free shredders so you'll be able to shred as much as you need to without any hassle. Also, the machine operates quietly so others won't be disturbed when you shred your documents.
- If your work area isn't very large, you should still be able to find room for this shredder. Its dimensions are 24" (height) x 19" (width) x 14" (depth) so it really doesn't take up much room at all.
- Finally, the DS22-13's cutters are covered by a lifetime warranty. The entire machine is backed for 2 years. Warranty coverage doesn't get much better than this.
- The DS22-13 is a strip-cut shredder with a Level 2 security rating. While this rating is suitable for everyday shredding, it won't cut it if you need to shred highly confidential documents on a regular basis.
- All of your shreds will end up in the waste bin, which could make recycling a pain. You should consider shredding different items separately to make waste disposal easier.
- Although the DS22-13 can shred credit cards and CD's, it can't take care of floppy disks and DAT tape. However, there are some great multimedia shredders available to take care of those needs.
- Overall, the DS22-13 is a solid strip-cut shredder that would be a great choice for offices needing a machine for everyday shredding. This machine has some great features such as the ability to shut off automatically and jam-free performance. The device shreds a lot quickly so you can move on to other things in a hurry. Also, the DS22-13 is backed by 2 great warranties so you can have piece of mind. Before investing in this machine, you'll want to consider its security level and determine if it will fit your needs. If it does, you'll love shredding with this device, so be sure to check it out.
You Save: 54%
You Save: 54%
You Save: 62%
You Save: 55%
You Save: 59%