- Strip-cut shredder meets basic security needs (Level P-2)
- Shreds up to 22 sheets at a time
- 19-gallon pull-out waste bin with bin full indicator
- Continuous duty run time lets you shred more paper faster
- Ultra quiet (≤60dB) to ensure minimal disruption in the office environment
- Non-stop Jam Free™ red and green LED lights indicate whether or you are exceeding or within capacity to prevent jams before they occur
- Intelligent Power Save™ auto shut down with automatic wake-up conserves energy
- Shreds DVDs, CDs, credit cards, paper clips, staples and documents
- Wheels attached for easy mobility
- 2 year warranty, 15 year warranty on cutters
- 19"L x 16"W x 30"H
- UPC: 033816094154
- Bin Capacity (gallons): 19
- Cut Type: Strip-cut
- Detailed Color: Black/Silver
- Entry Width: 9"
- Jam Free Type: Non-stop Jam Free™
- Number of Shreds Per Page: 54
- Period of Warranty: 2 years
- Run Time/Cool Down Time: Continuous
- Safety Features: CSAus
- Security Level: P-2
- Sheet Capacity (20 lb paper): 22
- Shred Size: 1/4"
- Shred Speed (per minute): 16'
- Shredder Usage: Departmental Shredder
- Dimensions: 30"H x 16"W x 19"D
Swingline DS22-19 Jam-Free Departmental Strip-Cut Shredder Review
Swingline has been manufacturing first-rate staplers for years and the company recently decided to start making paper shredders as well. Swingline shredders are high-quality devices that are perfect for today's offices. One of Swingline's strip-cut shredders is the DS22-19. Check out its strengths and weaknesses so you can decide if it's the right shredder for your office:
- The DS22-19 has an excellent shredding capacity. The machine can shred up to 24 sheets at a time so you can get rid of your documents quickly. The paper feed opening is 10" wide so you can shred large and small documents.
- This shredder can handle some non-paper items such as CD's and credit cards. It can also destroy any staples and paper clips attached to your documents.
- The DS22-19 is designed to offer jam-free performance so you won't waste time dealing with paper jams. This is a continuous-duty machine so you can use it throughout the day without any trouble. Also, the device operates quietly so your colleagues won't be distributed when you're shredding.
- This is a great shredder for large office use because it has a 19-gallon waste bin. You and your colleagues can shred a lot of paper before needing to empty the bin.
- The DS22-19 has the ability to shut down on its own. This is a great feature to have because it means you'll save energy and the motor won't burn itself out.
- Finally, this shredder's cutters are covered by a lifetime warranty. The rest of the machine is backed by a 2-year warranty.
- This shredder is a strip-cut model. Strip-cut machines don't offer as much security as micro- and cross-cut machines, unfortunately. However, this device is still good for everyday shredding. And since it can shred credit cards and CD's, you'll actually have an additional level of security.
- The DS22-19 is a large shredder with dimensions of 29" (height) x 19" (width) x 14" (depth). This device will take up a fair amount of room so it's probably not a good fit for smaller offices. There are casters on the bottom of the shredder so you can move it around.
As you can see, the Swingline DS22-19's strengths far outnumber its weaknesses. The main weaknesses that might be problematic for you is the fact that this machine won't give you as much security as a cross-cut device. However, if a strip-cut shredder works for you, the DS22-19 is a great choice thanks to its special features. For one thing, this machine can take care of some multimedia items. The device also offers jam-free shredding and a 19-gallon waste bin, so you can shred a lot quickly and easily. Also, the shredder can shut off automatically so you can save power. And don't forget that this machine has an excellent shredding capacity and it comes with great warranty coverage. All together, the DS22-19 is an impressive strip-cut shredder. Check it out if you think it's the right shredder for your workplace.
You Save: 51%
You Save: 54%
You Save: 55%
You Save: 54%