- Cross-cut shredder meets everyday security needs (Level P-3)
- Shreds up to 18 sheets at a time
- 13-gallon pull-out waste bin with bin full indicator
- Continuous duty run time lets you shred more paper faster
- Ultra quiet (≤60dB) to ensure minimal disruption in the office environment
- Intelligent SelfOil™ feature extends cutter life
- Non-stop Jam Free™ red and green LED lights indicate whether or you are exceeding or within capacity to prevent jams before they occur
- Intelligent Self-Cleaning Cutters™ automatically remove shreds that cause build-up and lead to jams
- Intelligent Power Save™ auto shut down with automatic wake-up conserves energy
- Shreds DVDs, CDs, credit cards, paper clips, staples and documents
- Wheels attached for easy mobility
- 2 year warranty, 15 year warranty on cutter
- 19"L x 16"W x 24"H
- UPC: 033816094161
- Bin Capacity (gallons): 13
- Cut Type: Cross-cut
- Detailed Color: Black/Silver
- Entry Width: 10"
- Jam Free Type: Non-stop Jam Free™
- Number of Shreds Per Page: 335
- Period of Warranty: 2 years
- Run Time/Cool Down Time: Continuous
- Safety Features: CSAus
- Security Level: P-3
- Sheet Capacity (20 lb paper): 18
- Shred Size: 5/32" x 1 3/4"
- Shred Speed (per minute): 16'
- Shredder Usage: Departmental Shredder
- Dimensions: 24"H x 16"W x 19"D
Swingline DX18-13 Departmental Shredder Review
Swingline has emerged as one of the premier paper shredder manufacturers in the country thanks to their lineup of high-quality machines. One of their devices is the DX18-13, an impressive departmental shredder. Here's a look at this machine as well as what rating it deserves on a 1 to 10 scale.
The DX18-13 is a shredder that's great for departmental use. It has a 13-gallon waste bin and an continuous-duty motor, so the people on your floor can take advantage of it.
This machine is a cross-cut shredder that has a Level 3 security rating. This is one of the middle ratings, so you can be confident that it will give a good amount of protection. you can use this device to shred financial documents, e-mails, old files, and so on. You can shred up to 20 sheets at a time.
You can leave any paper clips or staples attached to the papers. This is because the cutting mechanism is durable and can easily chew up document fasteners. It can also take care of CD's and credit/debit cards. Note: your paper and plastic shreds will be mixed which could make recycling a bit challenging.
The DX18-13 is equipped with an overfeed indicator that will turn red if you're trying to shred too much paper at once. When this happens, remove some of the sheets so you can avoid a paper jam. This will make your workday a little bit easier.
All paper shredders need to be oiled regularly so that they can stay in good operating condition. The DX18-13 has an automatic oiling system that will oil the machine's various parts. This is a really convenient feature to have because it means you have one less thing to take care of.
In addition to the automatic oiler, this shredder has self-cleaning cutting blades. Thanks to this feature, you can expect to have perfectly shredded paper whenever you use the machine.
This shredder has one more automatic feature: it will shut down on its own when it's not being used. This is a wonderful feature because it will help you conserve energy. It also prevents the motor from overheating which can permanently damage the machine.
The DX18-13 is pretty large which shouldn't come as much of a surprise. Its dimensions are 24" (height) x 16" (weight) x 19" (depth) so you'll need a designated place for it. It would be a good idea to place it by a photocopier or laser/ink-jet printer.
Finally, this paper shredder's cutting blades are covered for as long as you own the machine. All of the other parts of the device are covered for two years.
FINAL RATING: 9. Overall, the Swingline DX18-13 is one of the best shredders that's currently on the market. This machine is a great choice for any company that needs a departmental shredder. It has a continuous-duty motor, a generous shredding capacity, and the ability to shred CD's and bank cards. You can't really go wrong with a device that has a bundle of automatic features, so there are many reasons to recommend this machine. You should really try this machine out for yourself so you can see how terrific it is. Try it today - you won't regret it.
You Save: 45%
You Save: 55%
You Save: 51%
You Save: 50%
You Save: 51%