- Cross-cut shredder meets everyday security needs (Level P-3)
- Shreds up to 20 sheets at a time
- 19-gallon pull-out waste bin with bin full indicator
- Continuous duty run time lets you shred more paper faster
- Ultra quiet (≤60dB) to ensure minimal disruption in the office environment
- Intelligent SelfOil™ feature extends cutter life
- Non-stop Jam Free™ red and green LED lights indicate whether or you are exceeding or within capacity to prevent jams before they occur
- Intelligent Self-Cleaning Cutters™ automatically remove shreds that cause build-up and lead to jams
- Intelligent Power Save™ auto shut down with automatic wake-up conserves energy
- Shreds DVDs, CDs, credit cards, paper clips, staples and documents
- Wheels attached for easy mobility
- 2 year warranty, 15 year warranty on cutter
- 19"L x 16"W x 30"H
- UPC: 033816094178
- Bin Capacity (gallons): 19
- Cut Type: Cross-cut
- Detailed Color: Black/Silver
- Entry Width: 10"
- Jam Free Type: Non-stop Jam Free™
- Number of Shreds Per Page: 335
- Period of Warranty: 2 years
- Run Time/Cool Down Time: Continuous
- Safety Features: CSAus
- Security Level: P-3
- Sheet Capacity (20 lb paper): 20
- Shred Size: 5/32" x 1 3/4"
- Shred Speed (per minute): 16'
- Shredder Usage: Departmental Shredder
- Dimensions: 30"H x 16"W x 19"D
Reviewed on 3/20/2016
This paper shredder is a great professional tool for home/office use.It provides efficient shredding capability as well as great security shredding ability. The shredder has many Great features and is very user-friendly. I would definitely recommend this shredder to anyone who is in the market for a professional style office shredder.
Swingline DX20-19 Jam Free Departmental Cross-Cut Shredder Review
In addition to making high-quality staplers, Swingline manufactures paper shredders that are great for office use. One of their shredders is the DX20-19, which we recently had a chance to try out. Here are what we thought were its strengths and weaknesses:
The DX20-19 is one of those shredders that has an excellent shredding capacity. It's capable of destroying 22 sheets of paper at a time which is impressive.
This machine can shred more than paper which is very handy. It will destroy paper clips and staples that are stuck to your documents and it can shred plastic items such as credit cards. You'll also be able to shred CD's.
This device is really big but that's actually a good thing. It's large enough to house a 19-gallon waste bin so you won't need to recycle your shreds constantly. This machine can be comfortably shared between 5 and 10 people.
The DX20-19 is equipped with a continuous-duty motor. This feature makes it possible for you and your colleagues to shred as much as you need to without interruption. And you don't need to worry about maintenance because the machine also a self-oiler and self-cleaning cutters so it will stay in good shape.
If you don't shred anything for a while, the DX20-19 will shut down to conserve power and to prevent motor burnout. And when you're shredding, the paper overfeed indicator will turn red if you stuff too many sheets in the device. You can then remove some paper and avoid a jam.
This shredder operates quietly so your workplace can remain somewhat peaceful.
And last, but not least, the DX20-19's cutters have a two-year warranty. Everything else is covered for as long as you own the shredder.
The main weakness of this device is that it's not a high-security shredder, however, it does offer Level 3 security so your private information will still be protected.
As mentioned above, the DX20-19 is a big machine. It has dimensions of 29" (height) x 19" (width) x 14" (depth) so you'll need a good amount of space for it.
Since this shredder has a 10-inch feed opening, it will be difficult to use it to shred wide-format computer paper. The feed opening is definitely large enough for letter- and legal-sized documents though.
Although the Swingline DX20-19 has a few weaknesses, they can be easily dealt with. This is clearly not a shredder that's designed for destroying highly classified documents (i.e. military records), but it's just about perfect for regular office use. Level 3 security is good for everyday documents such as correspondence and receipts. Meanwhile the 22-page shredding capacity and continuous-duty motor will allow you to shred a lot of paper very quickly. Plus, you'll be able to shred CD's and credit cards which will be helpful. The only thing you should really worry about is if you have enough room for this device. If you do, check out the DX20-19 today. It's definitely worth considering if you need a paper shredder.
You Save: 34%
You Save: 34%
You Save: 54%
You Save: 18%