- Micro-cut shredder meets high security needs (Level P-5)
- Shreds up to 12 sheets at a time
- 30-gallon pull-out waste bin with bin full indicator
- Continuous duty run time lets you shred more paper faster
- Ultra quiet (≤60dB) to ensure minimal disruption in the office environment
- Intelligent SelfOil™ feature extends cutter life
- Non-stop Jam Free™ red and green LED lights indicate whether or you are exceeding or within capacity to prevent jams before they occur
- Intelligent Self-Cleaning Cutters™ automatically remove shreds that cause build-up and lead to jams
- Intelligent Power Save™ auto shut down with automatic wake-up conserves energy
- Shreds DVDs, CDs, credit cards, paper clips, staples and documents
- Wheels attached for easy mobility
- 2 year warranty with on-site service, 20 year warranty on cutters
- 26"L x 27"W x 41"H
- UPC: 033816094123
- Bin Capacity (gallons): 30
- Cut Type: Micro-cut
- Detailed Color: Black/Silver
- Entry Width: 10"
- Jam Free Type: Non-stop Jam Free™
- Number of Shreds Per Page: 2117
- Period of Warranty: 2 years on-site service
- Run Time/Cool Down Time: Continuous
- Safety Features: CSAus
- Security Level: P-5
- Sheet Capacity (20 lb paper): 12
- Shred Size: 1/8" x 1/2"
- Shred Speed (per minute): 18'
- Shredder Usage: Large Office Shredder
- Dimensions: 41"H x 27"W x 26"D
Swingline LM12-30 Jam-Free Large Office Micro-Cut ShredderReview
If you need a new high-security paper shredder for your office, you have a lot of options. However, one that stands out is the Swingline LM12-30, a micro-cut shredder. Take a look at its strengths and weaknesses to discover why it might be right for you:
- The LM12-30 can shred up to 13 sheets at a time. This is a terrific shredding capacity for a micro-cut shredder. The machine's cutting head is strong enough to destroy credit cards and CD's, so you won't need a multimedia shredder.
- This micro-cut shredder has a Level 4 security rating. (Level 6 is the highest security level available.) Since this is a high-security shredder you can use it to shred confidential documents such as financial records and correspondence.
- The LM12-30 has a 10-inch feed opening. This will enable you to shred both small and large pieces of paper without any problem.
- This machine has a 30-gallon waste bin and a continuous-duty motor, so it's perfect for shared use in busy offices. You can use paper bags with this device for easy recycling.
- The LM12-30 is very user-friendly. It's easy to operate and it runs quietly so you can shred without disturbing those around you. Also, the shredder is self-cleaning and is equipped with an automatic oiler, so maintenance is incredibly easy and hassle-free.
- Since this machine offers jam-free operation you won't spend your time taking care of paper jams. On the off-chance that the shredder does become jammed, you can use the reverse mode to take care of things.
- The LM13-20 comes with excellent warranty coverage. The cutters are covered for 1 year while the machine as a whole is backed by a 2-year warranty. Also, this shredder comes with 2 years of on-site service.
- Although the LM12-30 can shred as many as 13 sheets at time, it isn't a good choice if you need to shred more than that amount per pass. However, if you need to shred a lot of sheets in one go, you'll probably have to settle for a shredder with a lower security rating.
- It shouldn't come as a surprise that this machine is really large. It approximately measures 35" (height) x 21" (width) x 21" (depth) so it will take up a lot of room. Also, this device is heavy, weighing in at 167 pounds. It will be difficult to move around, so make sure you carefully choose a spot for it.
- This shredder can't destroy floppy disks. However, this won't be an issue if you use up-to-date computers.
The Swingline LM12-30 does have a few weaknesses but they are definitely overshadowed by its many strengths. This machine is a first-rate high-security paper shredder that's perfect for busy workplaces. Some of this device's best features are its 13-sheet shredding capacity, Level 4 security rating, and its self-cleaning capabilities. This shredder is easy to use and it comes with excellent warranty coverage, so you really can't go wrong with it. Check out the LM12-30 if it sounds like the right shredder for your office.
You Save: 37%
You Save: 54%
You Save: 61%
You Save: 62%
You Save: 37%