Sorry, but Swingline SmartCut Compact 12" Personal Trimmer - 1112 is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Swingline SmartCut Compact 12" Personal Trimmer - 1112
- Fixed-blade cutting of up to 5 sheets at once; 12" cutting length
- Lightweight, durable plastic construction is easily portable
- Blade edges concealed for safety
- Replacement cutting blade included
- Limited 1-year warranty
- UPC: 033816065864
- Cutting Length: 12"
- Detailed Color: Graphite
- Material: Plastic
- Period of Warranty: Limited 1-year
- Sheet Capacity (20 lb paper): 5
- Trimmer Type: Fixed-blade
Swingline 1112 SmartCut Compact Personal Trimmer Review
Swingline makes great staplers and they also manufacture some of the best paper cutting tools on the market. One of their cutters designed for personal use is their 1112 SmartCut Compact Personal Trimmer. This is a good device for occasional use, especially if you want to use it for creative purposes. Here’s some information about it, including how it rates on a scale of 1 to 10.
- The 1112 only has a 5-sheet cutting capacity. This is a decent capacity if you’re just going to be using this device occasionally for personal use (i.e. crafts). However, if you think you’ll need to cut more paper at once on a regular basis, you should choose a trimmer that can cut more sheets at a time.
- This trimmer can cut sheets of paper that are up to 12 inches long. This is a great length for smaller sheets of paper, including those that are letter-sized (8.5” x 11”). You can use this device to trim a number of items including correspondence, artwork, ticket stubs, photographs, and more.
- The 1112 was designed to be portable. It weighs less than a pound so you can transport it around easily. It isn’t too big either, since it’s only about 12 inches long and a few inches wide. You can store this trimmer just about anywhere, such as your desktop or even in a drawer if you want to keep it out of the way.
- This trimmer has an alignment grid on it so you’ll be able to measure your paper before cutting it. There are also two rulers so you can use whichever measurement system you prefer whether it’s metric or standard. The paper guide is transparent so you can keep an eye on your work as you go.
- Although this product is made out of plastic, it’s surprisingly durable so you’ll be able to get a lot of use out of it. And it comes with a replacement blade so you’ll have one handy when the initial blade becomes too dull to use.
- The 1112 is affordable. You should be able to get it for less than $20.00, so it’s great if you’re on a budget. Also, it comes with a 1-year warranty so you can get it fixed or replaced if you need to.
Final rating: 9. For what it is, the Swingline 1112 SmartCut Compact Personal Trimmer is terrific. This product was designed to be a portable, smallish cutter and it’s definitely that. It’s lightweight, small enough to store in a drawer, and it has features to ensure you’ll get the right cut, such as the transparent paper guide and the alignment grid. This trimmer is also very affordable and it has a decent warranty as well. While it can’t cut large sheets or paper or big stacks of them, over all the 1112 is a good choice if you need a simple cutter for personal use. If so, take a look at this product today. You’re going to be glad you did.