Sorry, but Tamerica VersaLam 1800 18" One Side Two Side Roll Laminator is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Tamerica VersaLam 1800 18" One Side Two Side Roll Laminator
- Variable Speed and Temperature control.
- Easy accommodation for 500 foot rolls of 1.5 mil (.0015") laminating film.
- Accepts up to 10 mil films.
- One sided and two sided laminating.
- Laminating rollers made of top-grade silicon rubber.
- Temperature memory function.
- Laminating width up to 18".
- Silicon Heated roller for easy clearing and scratch-free lamination.
- Mounting Capacity up to 3/16".
- Fits core sizes 1" and 3".
- On / Off Switch for bottom roller heat.
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Tamerica Versalam 1800 Roll Laminator Review
The Tamerica Versalam 1800 Roll Laminator is a relatively new product that’s worth a look if you’re in need of such a machine. Here are this product’s strengths and weaknesses so you can determine if this is the laminator you need.
- The Versalam 1800 has a terrific laminating width of 18 inches. This is a great size because it means you can use this device to laminate different sizes of documents. However, if you work with really large items, a wide-format laminator would probably be a better choice.
- This machine is capable of both one- and two-sided lamination. The one-sided lamination will come in handy if you’re working with mounting boards. (If you do choose to use boards, they can be up to 3/16” thick.)
- The Versalam 1800 is compatible with laminating film from 1 to 10 mil thick. There are variable speed and temperature settings so you can choose the right setting for the film you’re using. If there are a couple of temperature settings you use repeatedly, you can program into this machine to help you save time in the future.
- When selecting your laminating supplies, you can choose film with both 1- and 3-inch cores. This greatly increases the amount of film that’s compatible with this device.
- No matter what you’re laminating, you can expect good results because the Versalam 1800 has high-quality silicone rollers. There’s even a heated roller so you can enjoy crystal clear lamination. (This roller should be cold when you’re doing one-sided lamination.) Your documents will be free from imperfections such as wrinkles and heat marks.
- This device comes with a stand so you won’t need to make room for it on any of your work surfaces. The stand even has casters so mobility will be a breeze.
- The Versalam 1800 comes with a year-long warranty just in case it need any repairs.
- One of the weaknesses of the Versalam 1800 is that doing one-sided lamination with it could be difficult. It’s possible that you could end up with one of the rollers covered in sticky adhesive that seeps out during the process. If that happens, be sure to clean the roller right away to avoid damaging your machine.
- Another thing to keep in mind about this device is that it lacks a take-up roller. A take-up roller makes cold lamination a bit easier. Also, you can’t use film with 2.25-inch cores.
The Tamerica Versalam 1800 is a pretty good roll laminator, but it does have a few weaknesses you’ll want to consider before purchasing it. This device can do one- and two-sided lamination although the one-sided mode will be a bit challenging. (Cold lamination might be tricky too because there’s no take-up roller. ) However, if you can live with these quirks, you’ll appreciate this machine’s laminating width and how great your documents are going to look. If that sounds good to you, take a look at the Versalam 1800 today.