- Also known as the Ibico 640ID Interchangeable Die Punch
- Vertical punch throat eliminates punching skew, providing a more consistent punch.
- Three LED's indicate Power ON, correct die placement, and chip tray full warning.
- Choose your preferred punching method from an ergonomic palm switch or hands-free foot pedal.
- Ten die sets interchange in seconds without tools or levers.
- Die's are not included
- Durable construction and GBC's exclusive automatic jam stopper electronics help assure you meet your deadlines.
- The top of the punch is flat allowing most bind stations to be stacked on top for space savings.
- GBC Part Number 7704300 , G7704300
- Warranty: 90 Day Manufacturer Warranty
- Productivity: Up to 16,000 sheets per hour; 1.5 second punch cycle
- Bind Capacity: N/A
- Punch Capacity: Plastic Comb (19-Hole): 25; GBC 4:1Color Coil (.2475 pitch): 17; 3:1 Twin Loop Wire (Square Hole): 22; 2:1 Twin Loop Wire (Square Hole): 20; 3:1 Twin Loop Wire (Round Hole): 22; 2:1 Twin Loop Wire (Round Hole): 20; Velobind(R)/SureBind(R): 29; 3-5-7/2-4 Hole: 25; Punching capacities based on 20 lb. bond
- Min Doc Size: Punches books as small as 4"
- Max Doc Size: Punches books as large as 11.7"(A4) for all patterns; Open-ended throat design accepts longer sheet sizes in 2 punching passes
- Dimensions: 16"x6.75"x17.5" LxWxD
- Machine Weight: 52 lbs. (23.6 kgs.)
- Packaged Weight: 59 lbs.
- Ratings: 115 Volt/60 Hz/1.6 Amps
- Safety Agency Approval: Designed to meet UL and CSA safety standards
Welcome to MyBinding video. This video shows you the easy how-to on changing dies for the GBC Modular Series MP2500ix. You’ll be pleased to know there are no tools. Simply grab the handle and pull and push. That’s all there is to it. Pull the whole thing out. You can remove it from its carriage, place it on top of the machine or back in its box. At this point, you can also remove any of the disengageable die pins. Every die has every pin that’s disengageable. Close everything back up and slide it back into the machine. It could be the same die. It could be a whole new different die. They’re all the same, they work the same way and fit in the same exact way. The only difference between the dies is the individual punch capacity, ranging from 17 to 29 sheets of 20-pound paper in a single lift. And that’s die changing on the 2500ix. For more demos, reviews and how-tos, check out MyBinding.com.
Traditionally, this has meant buying a separate punch for each binding style – a costly proposition for growing businesses today. With all of that in mind, GBC introduces the MP2500 IX, the one solution for all your ... Read More
GBC MP2500ix Modular Interchangeable Die Binding Punch Review
- The GBC MP2500ix is an interchangeable die binding punch that is designed for small and medium sized print shops, in-plant print shops and professional organizations that need to bind documents with more than one than one style of binding.
- This machine is designed to allow users to switch punching patterns in less than a minute making it convenient for short run applications and busy office environments.
- The MP2500ix is fast, quiet, versatile and easy to use. All of these things are important in an office environments.
Strengths / Features:
- The MP2500ix offers GBC's patented quick change die mechanism. This means that all you need to do in order to change the punching pattern on this machine is to slide the die out of the side of the machine and slide the new die in. It only takes a few seconds and there are no screws to loosen, levers to tighten or latches to fasten. This gives the MP2500 a distinct advantage over other machines from Rhino Tuff, Renz, James Burns and Akiles.
- Another great thing about the MP2500ix is the number of different punching patterns that are available for use with it. There are currently eleven different die sets available for this machine. Using these die sets you can produces holes for: plastic comb binding, spiral coil, double loop wire, GBC Proclick, Velobind, Surebind, 3-Ring binders and 2-hole filing.
- This machine includes a vertical punching throat and dual punch activators. The vertical punching throat allows you to use gravity to help you align your pages. You can activate the punch by pressing palm switch on the front of the machine. Or, if you prefer you can use the foot pedal control to activate the punching mechanism.
- The MP2500ix is designed to be paired with other GBC modular finishing equipment. It includes a large flat top that is designed to accommodate a wire closer, comb opener or spiral coil inserter. By stacking your finishing device onto the top of this machine you can save space and ensure that your finishing device is never out of reach, or they can be separated so one user can punch and one user can bind for larger jobs.
- The MP2500ix is the only modular binding punch available on the market to offer a 3-5-7/2-4 punching die. This die can punch three-hole documents for inserting into ring binders and can punch two-hole paper for filing applications. Companies who do a lot of paper filing will more than likely find this to be one of the fastest punching methods for two hole punching documents that need to be filed into file folders with fasteners.
- This machine is also incredibly quiet. Many other large binding punches have continuous cycle motors that make noise whenever the punch is turned on. The MP2500ix does not make noise until you activate the punching mechanism and even then it is not very loud. This makes this machine a great choice for a quieter office environment where noise control is an issue.
Weaknesses / Limitations:
- The punching capacity offered by the MP2500ix is between 17-29 sheets per punch depending on the hole-pattern that you are using. This is a little bit on the low side for a modular binding punch of this size. The motor on this machine is large enough that it could punch more sheets of paper. However, GBC has limited the size of the throats on the punching dies to prevent over punching and to prolong the life of this machine. The quality of the punch pattern is better on this machine than it will be on other machines that offer larger capacities. However, this is still a limitation to keep in mind.
- The punching cycle on this machine is 1.5 seconds. This is the amount of time that it takes for the punch to recover after punching a document. When compared to other similar modular punches that are available from Rhino Tuff this is fairly similar. However, larger punches such as the Magnapunch have a punching cycle as fast as 0.5 seconds. High volume users in production environments may find themselves waiting for the MP2500ix.
- When you buy a new MP2500ix it will come with one punching die. However, if you want to use this machine for multiple punching patterns you will need to purchase additional die sets. You will also need to buy pieces of finishing equipment such as a comb opener, coil inserter or wire closer. These devices are designed to finish the binding process after your documents have been punched using a modular punch.
- The MP2500ix is a great choice for small printers, large offices, in-plant print shops and copy shops that want the ability to punch multiple hole patterns quickly and efficiently.
- This machine is quiet, compact and includes a stylish design that will help it to fit inside an office environment. However, it offers the productivity that is need for light duty industrial applications.
- Just remember that you will need a punching die set for every hole pattern that you want to create. Plus, you will need a piece of finishing equipment to complete the binding process.
- This machine should be great for medium to high volume punching applications. However, the largest volume users may want consider stepping up to the Magnapunch for a considerable increase in productivity.
This review was written by Jeff McRitchie who is the director of marketing for Mybinding.com. Jeff has written more than three hundred articles and more than two hundred reviews on Binding Machines, Binding Supplies, Report Covers, 3-Ring Binders, Index Tabs, Laminators, Laminating Supplies, Paper Shredders and Paper Handling Equipment