- Feed opening: 8 3/4"
- Maximum horsepower: 1/5
- Motor output: .15 KW
- Electrical requirements: 115 V
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 8 3/4" x 13 1/2" x 21"
- Shipping weight: 32 lbs
- Particle size: 3/16" (4 mm)
- Sheet capacity: 10-12
- Shred speed: 12 ft./min.
- Security level: P-2 (Old Level 2)
- Shred capabilities (non-paper): Paper Clips, Credit Cards and CD's
- Warranty: Lifetime Manufacturer on Shafts and Wheels, 1 Year on Parts
MBM DestroyIt 2270 Paper Shredder Review
Personal paper shredders are very popular these days partly because of the prevalence of identity theft, but also because these devices now have advanced features for even more security. One device with these features is the MBM DestroyIt 2270 paper shredder. Some of its great features include the ability to shred credit cards and CD's, as well as separate waste bins and a thermally protected motor. Here are all of the details on this great shredder. Check them out so you can see if this machine is right for you.
- This shredder was designed for deskside use. Its dimensions are 8.75" (depth) x 13.5" (width) x 21" (height) so it should easily fit alongside or even under your desk. This device only weighs 31 pounds so moving it around shouldn't be too difficult even though it lacks casters.
- The 2270 has a paper feed opening that's 8.75" wide. It's perfect for both letter- and legal-sized documents. You can leave the staples and paper clips in your documents because this machine's blades are sharp enough to rip them up. You'll be able to shred up to 12 sheets at once, which is equivalent to about 12 feet of material per minute.
- This shredder can also take care of credit cards and CD's/DVD's. There's a separate feed opening for these items and they'll go into a separate waste bin so your plastic and paper shreds won't be mixed together. You'll be able to see if the bin is getting full thanks to a window in the front of the machine. The paper bin has a 5-gallon capacity while the plastic bin can hold ¾ of a gallon of shreds. These bins are stored in a wooden cabinet.
- The 2270 is a strip-cut device with a Level 2 security rating. Although this isn't a super high rating, it should be good enough for the destruction of personal documents. The shreds will measure 3/16" across.
- This machine is equipped with an automatic start/stop feature that's controlled by a photo cell. It can detect when you insert items into the machine and when it does so, it will shred your items and then stop when it's done.
- The 2270 has a standby mode as well as a reverse function. The reverse function will be helpful just in case the machine ever becomes jammed.
- This device's motor is thermally protected so you won't need to worry about it overheating and becoming damaged. Also, the gears are stored in a dust-free compartment so they won't be worn down.
- Finally, the 2270's cutting head is covered for all long as you own the machine.
The MBM DestroyIt 2270 would be a great choice if you need a personal-sized paper shredder. It's small enough to fit into a small space, but it has some great features that make it seem like a much larger shredder. It has a good shredding capacity, the ability to shred CD's and credit cards, and the motor is unlikely to overheat. If this sounds like your kind of machine, get it today so you can start shredding with it.