Sorry, but Fellowes Powershred 4200CC Cross Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Fellowes Powershred 4200CC Cross Cut Paper Shredder
- Auto Start/Stop: Yes - Electronic
- Basket Capacity (gallons): 26.5
- Can Shred: Paper, Staples, Staples, Credit Cards, Paper Clips
- Casters: Yes
- Color: GRAY
- Continuous Run Time (minutes): Continuous
- Item Number: 3842401
- Cut Size: 5/32 x 1 1/2"
- Cut Type: Cross-Cut
- DIN Level: 3
- Item H x W x D (inches): 35.25" x 19.75" x 16.5"
- Jam Technology: Auto Stop on Jamming
- Noise Level at Capacity (dB): 70
- Oil Technology: N/A
- Motor Size (HP): 1.9HP
- Paper Entry Width: 12"
- Suggested Price: $2,449.00
- SCS Code: 50043859507233
- Sheet Capacity: 22-24
- Safety Features: Interlock Switch
- Motor Reverse: Yes
- Speed (Feet Per Minute): 30
- Warranty (machine / cutter): 2 Year / 20 Year
- UPC Code: 043859507238
Fellowes Powershred 4200CC Cross Cut Paper Shredder Review
For a powerful shredder that gets the job done, check out the Fellowes Powershred 4200CC Cross Cut Paper Shredder. This workhorse offers high volume performance in busy environments while still being easy to use and convenient. Here is a closer look at the 4200CC.
- In any given office, there’s often at least one person who can’t figure out the equipment. Well not with this machine; it’s simple even for the most inexperienced user. Simply slide your sheets in and the blades will start and stop automatically. If the machine senses a possible paper jam, it will stop before the items get clogged. The reverse switch sends the excess paper back out.
- The solid steel cutters are run by a powerful motor rated for continual operation. This allows all day shredding without frequent cool down periods. Busy offices will especially appreciate this feature, since employees will spend less time waiting and more time shredding.
- A wide 12 inch throat takes in up to 24 sheets of paperclipped and stapled items. Credit cards can be shred as well. Materials are devoured by the blades as fast as 30 feet per minute, excellent for a cross cutting device.
- The small particles created by the blades measure only 5/32″ by 1-1/2″ and earn a medium level 3 security rating. At this level, generic office documents stay safe as well as most confidential business data and personal information.
- Paper remnants fall into a large 26.5 gallon waste bin. It quickly pulls out from the cabinet for easy access to remove and replace when full. The cabinet door is outfitted with a safety interlock switch. The switch triggers the auto shutoff when not in place, preventing accidental injury from hands coming into contact with running blades.
- This product is backed by a full two year warranty with 20 year coverage on the blades.
- The small particles only provide a level 3 security rating. Most offices find this completely adequate for their needs and it keeps them FACTA compliant. However, any company needing to meet government security regulations will require a higher security device, such as the Fellowes HS-800.
- As with any large office machine, this one is fairly heavy. Even so, there are casters on the bottom for easy mobility and we don’t think this will be a problem for most offices.
- While the shredding of credit cards and document fasteners is great, it would be even more convenient if this machine could take in CDs as well. Your office may or may not need this ability. If you’d prefer this option as well, we recommend the Powershred C-420C.
The Fellowes Powershred 4200CC Cross Cut Paper Shredder is well-suited for the busy needs of any large office. With superior performance during extended heavy shredding periods and rapidly moving steel blades, this machine is very efficient. It also provides simple, automated operation as well as a continuous motor for added convenience. We think the 4200CC is an excellent choice for your next medium security office shredder.