Fellowes Powershred 70S Strip-Cut Paper Shredder - 4671001
- Sheet Capacity (20 lb. paper): 14
- Cut Type: Strip-Cut
- Cut Size: 7/32"
- Security Level: P-2
- Speed (FPM): 11
- Run Time: 10-12 on / 20 off
- Users: 1
- Throat Width: 9"
- Jam Prevention: No
- Safety Features: Safety Lock
- SilentShred: No
- Energy Savings Feature: No
- Auto-Oil: No
- Bin Type: Pull-Out
- Bin Capacity in Gallons: 7
- Electronic Auto Start/Stop: Yes
- Motor Type: Induction
- Warranty (Full/Cutter): 1/5
- UPC Code: 043859630981
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 20.25" x 15" x 11.25"
- Weight: 20.4
- Shredder Waste Bag Item #: 36052
Fellowes PowerShred PS-70 Paper Shredder Review
Personal-sized paper shredders are great for use both in the office and at home. One personal shredder that deserves your consideration is the Fellowes PowerShred PS-70. Here's what's great about this device, as well as what isn't so great.
- The PS-70 is perfect for junk mail, correspondence, old bills, canceled checks, and more. It has a 9-inch feed opening that's large enough for both letter- and legal-sized paper that measures 8.5 x 11” and 8.5” x 14” respectively.
- This is a shredder is strong enough to take care of several types of non-paper items. These include document fasteners (i.e. paper clips, staples), CD's and DVD's, and credit cards. Because of this, you'll be able to use the shredder to get rid of just about anything containing your personal information.
- The PS-70 is a strip-cut device that can turn an item into strips that are 7/32” wide. This is a pretty good shred size for a personal shredder, so you can rest easy knowing your information is safe. It has a Level 2 security rating.
- This machine has a 7-gallon wastebasket which should be more big enough for a large amount of shreds, especially if you don't shred on a regular basis. It's easy to pull the bin out to dispose of your shreds. If you leave the cabinet door ajar, the machine will alert you so you can replace the bin and then close the door.
- The PS-70 will start shredding as soon as you place something in the feed opening. It can run continuously for up to 12 minutes before it needs to cool down. This device has the ability to shred up to 11 feet of paper per minute.
- When you use this device, you can shred up to 14 sheets of paper at once. There's an overfeed indicator that will let you know if you're shredding more than the recommended amount. Then you'll be able to remove some paper so you don't jam the machine. If a jam does happen, you can use the reverse mode to clear it up.
- Finally, the cutting mechanism has a five-year warranty. The rest of the machine is covered for one year.
- The primary weakness of the PS-70 is that, after you run it continuously for 12 minutes, it needs 20 minutes to cool off. It's disappointing that the rest time is longer than the running time.
- This shredder was designed for personal use, so it's not ideal for large, shared workspaces. It wouldn't be able to handle a lot of paper all the time. Also, it's not the right device for destroying highly classified documents because of its security rating. (A Level 5 or 6 machine would be better for that type of use.)
- The PS-70 only has an interlock switch for a safety feature. It lacks Fellowes' SafeSense technology, so be careful when using it.
Overall, the Fellowes PowerShred PS-70 is a great choice if you need a personal-sized paper shredder that doesn't have an overly high security rating. It does have a couple of weaknesses, but they're overshadowed by what's great about this device. Take a look at the PS-70 today to see if it's right for you.
Compare to Similar Shredders
|Sheet Capacity (20 lb. paper)||14||9||12||10||10|
|Cut Type / Security Level||Strip-Cut|P-2||Micro-Cut|P-5||Cross-Cut|P-4||Cross-Cut|P-3||Cross-Cut|P-4|
|Duty Cycle (min.)||12 on / 20 off||10 on / 45 off||10 on / 20 off||10 on / 20 off||7 on / 60 off|
|Jam Prevention Feature||-||Auto Reverse: Stops and reverses paper if a jam occurs||100% Jam Proof System: Eliminates paper jams and powers through tough jobs||Jam Blocker: Blocks jams before they start||-|
|Safety Feature||Safety Lock: Disables shredder for added safety protection||-||SafeSense Technology: Automatically stops shredding when hands touch the paper opening||SafeSense Technology: Automatically stops shredding when hands touch the paper opening||Safety Lock: Disables shredder for added safety protection|
|Noise Quality Feature||-||SilentShred: Offers ultra-quiet performance for shared workspaces||Quiet Operation: Shreds without noisy interruptions||SilentShred: Offers ultra-quiet performance for shared workspaces||Quiet Operation: Shreds without noisy interruptions|
|Decibel Level (at no load)||54||60||56||62||60|
|Energy Savings Feature||-||-||Energy Savings System: Provides optimal energy efficiency 100% of the time – in use and out of use||Energy Savings System: Provides optimal energy efficiency 100% of the time – in use and out of use||-|
|Additional Features||-||Micro Shred: Ultimate protection with shreds 6x - 10x smaller than standard cross-cut||Touch Screen: Innovative touch screen technology with back-lit LEDs||-||Micro Shred: Ultimate protection with shreds 6x - 10x smaller than standard cross-cut|
|Also Shreds||CD/DVDs, Credit Cards, Paper Clips, Staples, and Unopened Junk Mail||CD/DVDs, Credit Cards, and Staples||CD/DVDs, Credit Cards, Paper Clips and Staples||Credit Cards, Paper Clips, and Staples||Credit Cards and Staples|
|Bin Type||Pull-Out Bin||Pull-Out Bin||Pull-Out Bin||Pull-Out Bin||Pull-Out Bin|
|Bin Capacity in Gallons||7||5.8||6||5||5|
|Sheets per Bin||150||300||160||200||415|
|Bin Full Indicator||-||-||✔||-||-|
|Unit Dimensions (H x W x D)||20.25" x 15" x 11.25"||22.25" x 13.8" x 10.25"||21.25" x 15.5" x 11.3"||20" x 10" x 18.14"||18.75" x 13.75" x 10.44"|
|Unit Weight (lbs.)||20.5||22.9||24.3||25.8||20.5|
|Shredder Oil Item #||-||35250||35250||35250||35250|
|Waste Bag Item #||36052||36052||36052||-||-|