Sorry, but Fellowes Powershred PS-70 Strip Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Fellowes Powershred PS-70 Strip Cut Paper Shredder
- Auto Start/Stop:
Assessing the Fellowes PowerShred PS-70 Paper Shredder
From small personal-sized paper shredders to machines that are perfect for large offices demanding high security, Fellowes manufactures them all. One of their smaller – but no less powerful – shredders is the PowerShred PS-70. This is a device that would be ideal for use both at home and in the office. Here are all of the details of this product so you can decide if it’s right for you.
- This is one of Fellowes’ most efficient paper shredders. It has the ability to shred up to 14 sheets at once. If you feed it continuously, you’ll find that it can shred a whopping 150 sheets in just one minute.
- The PS-70 is a strip-cut shredder. It will produce strips that measure 7/32″ across. Because it’s a strip-cut device, it has a Level 2 security rating. This makes it a good device for the destruction of personal documents including junk mail, receipts, and credit card statements.
- In addition to paper, the PS-70 can shred credit cards and CD’s. There’s a separate feed opening for these things. If any staples or paper clips are left in your paper documents, the machine will destroy them as well.
- This machine will start shredding automatically when you place an object in one of the feed opening. It will shut down after shredding as well as if the waste bin is too full or if there’s a paper jam. It does have a reverse mode to use if you feed it too much paper. However, it will be easy to avoid shredding too much paper because the PS-70 has a paper overfeed indicator so you can shred just the right amount of sheets per pass.
- This shredder has indicator lights that will let know if there’s a paper jam, the motor’s overheating, or if the waste bin is open.
- The PS-70 has a 7-gallon pull-out bin that makes disposing of your shreds a cinch. There’s a window in the bin so you can gauge how full it is.
- This shredder can run non-stop for up to 12 minutes. Unfortunately, it will need to cool off for 20 minutes before you can use it again, so it’s not ideal for multi-user environments.
- This is a small shredder that can be stored under a table or desk. It measures 20.25″ (height) x 15″ (width) x 11.25″ (depth) and only weighs 24 pounds so moving it won’t be a hassle.
- Finally, this machine is affordably priced and should fit just about everyone’s budget. Also, the cutting head is covered for five years so you’ll be able to use it for a long time.
The Fellowes PowerShred PS-70 is the perfect paper shredder for individuals wanting an affordable device with a lot of shredding power. Not many personal-sized devices can shred CD’s and credit cards, so that alone makes the PS-70 stand out. It’s great that it has a handful of anti-jam features and that it shreds so quickly. So if you require a personal shredder, you can’t do much better than the PS-70. Get yours today so you can start shredding!
If you’d like to purchase the Fellowes PowerShred PS-70, you need to visit MyBinding.com. They have this product available at a great price and they also carry an impressive selection of Pouch and Roll Laminators. Plus, you’ll get free shipping on all orders over $75.00.