Sorry, but Instant Card Desktop Electric Business Card Slitter is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Instant Card Desktop Electric Business Card Slitter
- Feeding Capacity: 1 Sheet at a time
- Sheet Thickness: Cuts 150~300 of glossy paper, photo paper, magnetic paper, plain paper, coated paper, etc.
- Cutting Capacity: Letter Size or A4
- Cutting Thickness: Under 0.3 mm
- Feeding Speed: 4 sheets per minute
- Card Size: 90mm x 54mm
- Dimensions: 14" x 4.5" x 5.6"
- Weight: 1.8kgs
- Power: DC12V, 0.6A
- Warranty: 90 Day Manufacturer Warranty
Tamerica Instant Card Desktop Business Card Slitter Review
- The Tamerica Instant Card business card slitter is designed to help you quickly and easily cut your own short runs of business cards that you print in house.
- This will allow you to create business cards for your employees or for yourself in just minutes without the need to involve a professional printing company.
- Creating your own business cards not only allows you to save money but it also helps to ensure that business cards are available for employees immediately and helps to reduce waste by preventing you from having to order more business cards than you actually need.
Strengths / Features:
- The Tamerica Instant Card business card slitter is designed to cut business cards that are printed 10 up on a sheet of paper. This means that a single printed sheet of business cards can yield ten business cards. With this system you can use standard business card templates in Microsoft Word (it even shows you how in the instructions) and can start creating your own business cards in no time at all.
- The Tamerica Instant Card is the most inexpensive business card slitter that I have seen on the market. It is designed for home and small office use and really makes the possibility of creating your own business cards a reality. It is small, and really doesn’t require a lot of expertise to operate. All you need to do is turn it on, feed your sheets into the slot to cut them the long way and then feed the cut strips into the machine to finish the cutting process.
- The Tamerica Instant Card business card slitter says that it is rated to cut papers that are between 150 gsm and 300 gsm which means that it can handle heavy index stocks and cover stocks up to 110lb. I tested it with 110lb index and it did fine. However, there is a warning on the top of the machine that states that you should not cut more than 50 sheets of heavy card stock paper at a time without leaving the machine and the motor to rest.
- The InstantCard is rated to cut up to 6 sheets of business cards per minute. This means that you could potentially cut up to 60 business cards per minute. These numbers are probably somewhat exaggerated for the average user, however it should still be able to tackle moderate sized jobs fairly quickly. That being said, this is not a commercial grade machine and should not be used for high volume applications. It will not hold up.
Weaknesses / Limitations:
- The Tamerica Instantcard business card slitter does not have any adjustments on it to allow you to change the slitters to adjust for your printer or for any variations that might occur during printing. This means that you will need to try and adjust the settings in your software if the cards are not placed exactly in the correct positions on your printed sheets. This can be somewhat tedious but isn’t a huge deal.
- The Instantcard says that it can handle glossy paper, photo paper, magnetic paper, plain paper and coated paper. Most of the stocks that I used with the instantcard seemed to work fine. However, laminated sheets did not run very well through this machine. Additionally, you will need to be careful about using really heavy stocks. The motor in this machine can be damaged and ruined if you use stocks that are too heavy or if you attempt to cut too many sheets in a row without giving the cutter a break.
- This is a small plastic business card slitter and it is probably fine for cutting a few hundred cards a week in an office setting. However, trying to use this type of machine in a commercial printing environment would be foolish. It is simply not constructed to handle high volumes of cutting and will not last.
- For small offices and home offices that are looking for a way to cut their own business cards on the spot, this is a great solution. Its price point and features make it a wonderful option for the creation of short run business cards and even magnets.
- For commercial printers and large volume users this machine will be a huge disappointment. It is meant as a personal business card slitter and is really best when used as one.
- Still, the Instantcard business card slitter is by far the cheapest business card slitter available on the market, is easy to use and is definitely a tool that you might want to consider for your office.
This review was written by Jeff McRitchie who is the director of marketing for Mybinding.com. Jeff has written more than three hundred articles and more than two hundred reviews on Binding Machines, Binding Supplies, Report Covers, 3-Ring Binders, Index Tabs, Laminators, Laminating Supplies, Paper Shredders and Paper Handling Equipment.