We're sorry, but we no longer offer this item.
Call us at 1-800-944-4573 for personalized recommendations
or check out these similar items that may be a good fit:
Intimus 502CD Multimedia Shredder
- Easily shreds CDs, credit cards and floppy disks into little pieces
- Has a manual start/stop operation
- Reverse switch clears any potential jamming on the cutters
- The guard on the inlet slot can be opened as required
- 800-1200 pieces can be destroyed per hour
- Continuous duty motor-maintenance free
- Price does not reflect applicable freight or installation charges
- Shred Size: 5/16" x 13/16"
- Shred Type: Particle-cut
- Capacity: 1 (CD/DVD) or 1 (3.5" disk)
- Speed: 800-1200 pcs/hr.
- Throat Size: 4 15/16" (CD/DVD) or 3 3/4" (floppy disk)
- Shred Container: 1 cubic ft. (CD/DVD) or .8 cubic ft. (disk)
- Supply Voltage: 115v
- Power Consumption: 1.5hp
- Dimensions: 19 1/4
Intimus 502CD Multimedia Shredder Review
It used to be that having a paper shredder was enough to safeguard your company’s private information. But given the popularity of computers, information is now stashed away on items such as CD-ROMs and floppy disks. Getting rid of those types of things can be a wee bit challenging, hence multimedia shredders were invented. One of the better ones is the Intimus 502CD, although it does have a couple of drawbacks. Let’s take a look at what this product does – and doesn’t – have going for it.
- The 502CD was specially designed to handle multimedia objects. It’s capable of destroying CD’s and DVD’s, credit cards, and floppy disks.
- This shredder offers a lot of security thanks to its Level 3 rating. It’s a particle-cut machine that will turn your items into shreds that measure a scant 5/16″ x 13/16″.
- One of the best things about the 502CD is how quickly it works. It can shred between 800 and 1,200 objects per hour, so this is a great device to get if your office needs to destroy a lot of multimedia items. Plus, it has a continuous-duty motor so it can run all day if you need it to.
- The 502CD has two different feed openings and waste bins. One is for CD’s and DVD’s and the other is for floppy disks. Separating the different types of waste will make it easier for you to recycle your shreds.
- Each unit has a reverse mode you can utilize in case your objects get jammed in the machine.
- This product has a three-year warranty.
- Unfortunately, the 502CD will not shred paper. You will need an additional machine if you need to get rid of your paper documents or one that can handle both paper and multimedia objects.
- The waste bins are relatively small, so if you do a lot of shredding, you may find yourself emptying them fairly frequently. The CD/DVD bin has approximately 1 cubic feet of space, while the floppy disk one has 0.8 cubic feet of room.
- This is a fairly heavy device that weights just under 100 pounds. However, it does not have casters, so moving the machine from one place to another might be a bit taxing.
- Finally, the 502CD needs to be started manually because it lacks an automatic on/off feature.
Overall, the speed and shredding capabilities of the 502CD are enough to recommend it to any company that needs a way to shred their multimedia items and also already has a paper shredder. It’s great that the machine has two separate waste bins because this will make recycling a whole lot easier. While it is disappointing that this product cannot shred paper, it is a really high-quality item that will make getting rid of your CD’s, floppy disks, and credit cards a quick and easy task. If you need to destroy your multimedia items, invest in the Intimus 502CD today so you can start shredding!