James Burn Lhermite PB3300 Modular Punch with Wire Closer
- Versatile - Finishes Double-O wire books from 2 to 210 sheets of 20# bond paper, on a bound edge up to 13" wide
- Easy to Use - Electric punch and electric wire closer produces books up to 1-1/4" with foot pedal operation. No special operator training required.
- Efficient - Heavy duty steel dies punch up to 25 sheets of 20# bond in a single stroke.
- Accurate - Tilted closing table and jaws offer optimum document positioning.
- Adaptable - Easily adjusts for different wire sizes.
- Convenient - Built-in book thickness gauge for accurate Double-O wire size selection.
- Punching Dies - 3:1 & 2:1 round or square dies are available for wire binding . Dies for plastic comb or plastic coil binding are also available.
- Die changeovers - Fast & simple - punch dies slide in and lock in place in less than 1 minute.
- Retractable Punch Pins - Allows for punching various binding edge book sizes.
- Tool Storage - Built-in spare die storage to ensure punch tools are always available and protected.
- Safety - Anti-pinch photo cells.
- Reversing Switch - For quick release of paper jams.
- Installation - Small footprint table top model allows easy machine placement wherever it is needed.
- Voltage Requirements - 115V / 15A / 60HZ / Single Phase
- Dimensions - 13-3/4"H x 17-3/4"W x 26-5/8"D
- Weight - 77 lbs unpacked.
- Part Number: 04JBPB3300
- Warranty: 90 Day Manufacturer Warranty
Unique all in One electric desktop punch and Wire-O closer!
Punch & Wire-O closer
Max : 330 mm
Wide range of tools
For all types of punching patterns
Easy tool change over
Simple side lay guage adjustment
Retractable punch pins for standard formats
Foot pedal operated
Max bite thickness: 2.5 mm
Easy Wire-O size selection
Simple closing adjustment
Consistent quality binding
... Read More
PB3300Unique all in One electric desktop punch and Wire-O closer!Punch & Wire-O closerSheet sizesMax : 330 mmWide range of toolsFor all types of punching patternsEasy tool change overSimple side lay guage adjustmentRetractable punch pins for standard formatsFoot pedal operatedMax bite thickness: 2.5 mmEasy Wire-O size selectionSimple closing adjustmentConsistent quality bindingPrecision punching
James Burns Lhermite PB3300 Modular Punch with Wire Closer Review
Presented as an option for high volume environments such as larger offices, on-site production centers, and commercial printers and copy shops, the Lhermite PB 3300 offers a fairly unique combination of electric hole punching and electric finishing equipment in the double-o binding style, as well as interchangeable dies that allow for a total of nine punching patterns. In the following review, we will take a look at this machine's various features and provide you with a list of what we see as its strengths and weaknesses.
- In our estimation, the Lhermite PB 3300 would have to be considered a very versatile double-o wire binding machine, in that it can bind books that are anywhere from two pages to 210 pages, as well as documents that are up to 13 inches in length. This sort of capacity will get you through a huge number of projects, and the double-o wire binding style is one of the more elegant binding methods out there.
- At around 25 pages of 20lb paper per stroke, the punching capacity of the Lhermite PB 3300 is one of the highest that you will find in a machine of this size. As an electric punch with an electric wire closer, we can see how this would be a great machine for fairly high volume applications.
- The foot pedal operation is also a big plus, as it means that you can keep both hands on your documents while you are punching and binding them. This greatly increases both the speed and accuracy of the binding process, and makes the machine not only more effective, but remarkably easy to use.
- Another accuracy feature that we really appreciated is the tilted opening that allows for gravity assisted positioning of the paper stack. That's one of those nice touches that you won't often find on some of the other machines out there.
- Adding to the Lhermite PB 3300's versatility are the several punching dies that you can purchase to use with this machine. Available dies include 3:1 and 2:1 in either round or square hole patterns, and there are even dies that allow for both plastic comb and plastic coil binding. If you are going to want the option to use a few different binding styles, you should really take a look at this machine. We found that changing the dies was remarkably easy as well, and in most cases took even the least technically apt of us less than a minute or so to accomplish.
- And of course, the punching pins of the Lhermite PB 3300 are individually retractable, so you can punch many sizes of documents without messy incomplete holes on the ends.
- The Lhermite PB 3300 contains a couple of pretty nice safety features as well. First, there is a photo cell system that prevents inadvertent operation of the machine, and a nice reversing switch that you can use to quickly deal with any paper jams.
- Though this appears to be a rugged machine that should give you years of service, the foot pedal may not be quite up to the task and may need replacing once or twice during the life of the machine.
- This system is fairly expensive and is best suited for high volume applications. Offices or facilities that need to do light to medium volume binding will probably want to choose a smaller less expensive system.