Sorry, but JM54 Electric 54 Inch Wide Format Pressure Sensitive Cold Mount Laminator is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
JM54 Electric 54 Inch Wide Format Pressure Sensitive Cold Mount Laminator
- Max Laminating Width: 54.125 inches (1375mm)
- Width: 62.75 inches (1587.5mm)
- Depth: 17.75 inches (451mm)
- Height: 18 inches (457mm)
- Weight: 331 lbs (110 kg)
- Roller Diameter: 5 inches (127mm)
- Max Nip Opening: 1 inch (25mm)
- Power: 115 VAC 50/60 Hz 50w
- Speed Range: 2 - 10 fpm (61 - 550cm / minute)
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer
Drytac JM54 Wide-Format Cold Laminator Review
If you’ve been looking for a wide-format cold laminator, you should check out the Drytac JM54. It’s a pretty terrific device that might be just what you’re looking for. Let’s take a look at its strengths and weaknesses to see if it is.
- The JM54 is a wide-format laminator that can process items that are up to 54 inches across. Wide-format machines are great for your large projects such as retail displays, maps, and so on.
- You can use overlaminate with this device as well as mounting materials. Some of the items you can use include mounting boards, PVC, and cardstock. The rollers can be nipped up to 1 inch so you can use both thick and thin materials.
- Since the JM54 is a cold laminator, you’ll be able to laminate thermally sensitive items. Some examples include photographs, color copies, and ink-jet printouts. This makes this device more versatile than a thermal machine.
- This laminator has several different speed settings so you can choose the right one for your particular project. Depending on which setting you select, the machine can process anywhere from 2 to 10 feet of material per minute.
- The JM54 has silicone rollers that are 5” in diameter. They’ll apply just the right amount of pressure to your documents so you can get crystal clear results.
- This laminator can be operated by a foot pedal. This makes things a lot easier because your hands will be free to handle your documents. Also, this device is safe to use because it’s equipped with a photo-electric safety stop.
- Finally, the JM54 comes with a one-year warranty so you’re covered if it ends up giving you any problems. You shouldn’t need to use it though because this product is well-constructed (it has steel parts) and is durable enough to withstand a lot of use.
- As briefly talked about above, this is a cold laminator with no hot settings. This will be a problem if you want to use thermal film.
- The JM54 doesn’t come with a stand but you can purchase one separately. It would be nice if the stand came with the machine so you could save some money.
- If you choose not to purchase the stand, you’ll need to have a large enough surface on which to place this laminator. This could be tricky since this device’s dimensions are 62.75” (width) x 17.75” (depth) x 18” (height).
Overall, the Drytac JM54 is a wide-format cold laminator that’s worth a look thanks to its laminating width, speed, and its ability to handle materials such as mounting boards. This machine is really easy to use and the photo-electric safety stop ensures safe operation. You’ll just need to consider if you need the stand for this device or not. Since it’s pretty large, finding a place for it could be difficult. Nonetheless, the JM54 is a good laminator and one you should check out if you’re in the market for such a device.