Sorry, but Martin Yale 1000CC Cross Cut Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Martin Yale 1000CC Cross Cut Shredder
- Shreds paper and credit cards
- Handles paper clips and staples too
- On / Off control via light barrier
- Separate safety slot for credit card shredding
- LED for "stand-by", "paper jams", and "motor overheat"
- Dustproof enclosed waste basket with window
- Easy emptying by pulling out the waste basket
- Stores and moves easily on 4 locking casters
- Handles documents with staples and paperclips
- Shred Size: 5/32" x 1-7/8"
- Shred Type: Cross-cut
- Capacity: 8 sheets (approx)
- Throat Size: 9 inches
- Shred Container: 5.8 gallon
- Supply Voltage: 120v
- Power Consumption: 0.5hp
- Dimensions: 13.8
First of all, simplicity is key with the 1000CC. The shred is cross cut, which gives greater confidence in the destruction of sensitive materials. And it all falls into a 5.8 gallon bin that's easily accessed from the front of the machine. We really liked the lockable casters on the bottom of the machine because it allows you to move it around and store i ... Read More
The single blue button switched down turns it on to auto forward. It senses your paper and brings it in for shredding. Credit cards and other cards are done through the guide slot on the top of the machine. The 1000CC can handle approximately eight sheets of 20lb paper at a time. Use the reverse button when there's a jam. A red LED light will show up letting you know there's ... Read More
Martin Yale 1000 Cross Cut Shredder Review
Many things may have changed since Martin Yale invented the shredder 60 years ago but they still deliver a quality product. Their 1000 Cross Cut Shredder is an ideal system for personal or home office use. Its petite dimensions allow it to store out of the way nearly anywhere in your office while still being accessible. With decent capacity designed for a single user and many automatic features, the 1000 is easily operated. Here is a more detailed look at this device.
- At just under two feet tall, this shredder can sit tidily next to your desk or table for easy access. It only weighs a light 22 pounds yet is still mounted on casters for added mobility in case you need to move it from one location to another.
- A light barrier controls an automatic on/off function. A backlit LED shows what is going on with your shredder, displaying options for stand-by, paper jam, and motor overheat. This allows you to know whether you need to clear a paper jam or wait for the motor to cool off before use.
- The nine inch feed opening accepts up to eight sheets at one time. Standard width paper easily enters the blades. They also handle staples, paperclips, ID badges, and credit cards. Credit cards slide into a separate safety slot to prevent flying shards.
- The cross cutting mechanism creates small particles measuring 5/32 inch by 1-7/8 inch in size, small enough to earn a level 3 security rating. This keeps your personal documents safe.
- Those tiny shreds fall into a 5.8 gallon bag that sits in a pull out bin for easy disposal. A dustproof enclosure houses the waste container and offers a display window so you can monitor how full the shred bag is. The bin easily pulls out for quick replacement of the bag.
- The small pieces created by the blades only rate a level 3 security. This keeps most private information secure for home users and office personnel. However, those businesses needing to destroy highly classified documents may be more interested in a different model with a higher security rating.
- As with many smaller shredders, the motor on this one is not rated for continuous run. This means you may need to wait for the machine to cool off after a short period of heavy use before continuing to shred. For light duty personal use, you may not ever run into this problem. But offices with higher shredding needs or multiple users per shredder may want to look into a different model designed for heavier use.
The Martin Yale 1000 Cross Cut is well-suited to the needs of a small or home office. Compact design creates simple and accessible storage. Use is uncomplicated thanks to the convenient automatic features. Cross cutting blades offer a secure way to discard confidential information. We think the Martin Yale 1000 Cross Cut is an excellent choice for your next personal office shredder.