Sorry, but MBM Destroyit 2240 Cross Cut Paper Shredder - DSH0040 is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
MBM Destroyit 2240 Cross Cut Paper Shredder - DSH0040
- Impact resistant, plastic shred bin
- Convenient handle for lifting shredder unit from the shred bin.
- Automatic stop when shredder is removed from bin.
- Particle Size : 1/8" x 1"
- Sheet Capacity: 5-6 sheets
- Shred Speed: 12 ft / min.
- Shred Volume: 5 Gallons
- Electrical requirements: 115 V
- Shred Capabilities (non-paper) :Shred Paper Clips and Stales Effortlessly
- Security Level: 3
- Feed Opening: 8 3/4"
- Max. Horsepower: 1/5
- Dimensions: 8 1/2" D x 13 1/2" W x 17 3/4" H
- Weight: 18lbs
- Warranty: Lifetime Manufacturer on Shafts and Wheels, 1 Year on all other parts
MBM Destroyit 2240 Cross Cut Paper Shredder - DSH0040 Review
The MBM Destroyit 2240 Cross Cut Paper Shredder is a great option for home or small office use. With automatic features and a single multifunction button, this shredder is both convenient and easy to use. Equipped with a powerful, single phase motor and durable steel blades backed by a lifetime warranty, the 2240 is a dependent device. Here is a closer look.
- Standing almost 18 inches high, this compact shredder can easily sit beneath or next to your desk. But smallness doesn't decrease performance. A photo cell controlled auto start and stop senses papers as they slide in and begins shredding on cue. A single, backlit switch controls three functions, including stand-by, stop (off) and reverse. Coupled together, these two make use of this machine uncomplicated and easy.
- The Safety Protection System on MBM Destroyits provides added security against accidental injury. An electronically controlled safety shield safeguards against fingers or other objects from entering the blades. A magnetic sensor on the cabinet door activates the automatic stop function when the door is left open, protecting hands from coming into contact with active blades. Finally, if something does get caught in the blades, whether too much paper or an improper shredding object, the emergency stop function cuts the power to the motor.
- The cross cutting mechanism dices full size documents into 1/8 inch by 1 inch pieces, small enough to earn a level 3 security rating. A lifetime warranty guarantees the cutting shafts and wheels, saving you from ever needing a replacement. Most other parts carry a one year warranty.
- The small shreds are deposited into a 5 gallon, impact resistant, plastic waste container. A handle easily removes the shredding unit for easy disposal. Once the bag is full or the head is removed, the automatic stop function removes power from the motor, helping to prevent accidental injury.
- The feed entry is limited to 8-3/4 inches wide and only handles 6 sheets at a time. This is average for a small deskside shredder and for home or small office use will be adequate. The 12 feet per minute that it shreds allows papers to go through at a good pace. However, for longer documents or higher shredding use, consider an upgrade to a faster model with a wider feed.
- This shredder only provides a level 3 security rating and doesn't shred credit cards. For most small office and administrative use, this is safe enough. But if your shredding needs include medium to high risk documents, you may want to invest in a more secure model, such as the Destroyit 2360 or 2403 cross cut models also by MBM.
Overall, the Destroyit 2240 is a reliable choice for a personal or deskside shredder. The Safety Protection System and other automatic features make use safe and simple. Cross cut shreds safeguard your personal information and a lifetime warranty on the blades guarantees a long life for your machine. The MBM Destroyit 2240 is an excellent option for your next deskside shredder.