Sorry, but MBM Destroyit 2260 Strip Cut Paper Shredder - DSH0026 is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
MBM Destroyit 2260 Strip Cut Paper Shredder - DSH0026
- High quality wooden cabinet
- Window in cabinet door shows amount of shreds collected
- Integrated, easy-access shred bin eliminates the need for shred bags
- Automatic stop when shred bin is removed from cabinet
- Strip Width: 3/16"
- Sheet Capacity: 10-12 sheets
- Shred Speed: 12 ft / min.
- Security Level: 2
- Feed Opening: 8 3/4"
- Max. Horsepower: 1/5
- Dimensions: 8 3/4" D x 13 1/2" W x 21" H
- Weight: 28lbs
- Warranty: Lifetime Manufacturer on Shafts and Wheels, 1 Year on all other parts
MBM Destroyit 2260 Strip Cut Paper Shredder Review
When it comes to personal deskside shredders, MBM Destroyits are some of the best. Their 2260 Strip Cut model offers a powerful motor, high-grade hardened steel blades and innovative safety features to provide you with a machine that is both reliable and safe. The automatic functions make operation simple and uncomplicated. A lifetime warranty guarantees the blade shafts and wheels while the rest of the device carries a one year warranty. Let's take a closer look at the 2260.
- At just under two feet tall, the 2260 is compact enough to store under a desk. The feed entry is equipped with a photo cell controlled automatic start and stop. It senses when paper is inserted into the machine and begins shredding instantly. A single control element with three options- stand-by, stop, and reverse- has a large backlit surface with icons to indicate the operational status. An electronic control activates a sleep mode after one hour of inactivity, saving you valuable electricity.
- The robust, single phase motor gives the steel blades enough strength to eat through staples, paper clips and credit cards. It is double protected against overheating, saving you from potential costly repairs. The gear box is housed in a dust proof enclosure, insuring your shredder stays in top running condition.
- The impressive Safety Protection System on the 2260 displays many original designs to insure the highest safety standards. An electronically controlled, transparent safety shield covers the insertion point to protect fingers, ties and other objects from entering the blades. An electronic sensor cuts power to the motor when the door is open or if there is a paper jam. And an automatic reverse is activated if a paper jam occurs, giving the user opportunity to remove the jammed items.
- The 5 gallon waste container is housed in a high quality wooden cabinet, which acts to absorb sound, reducing the noise made by the motor. A window shows the quantity of shreds collected. Finally, a removable shred bin eradicates the need for shred bags and makes the shreds easy to dispose.
- Though the blades slice strips only 3/16 inch wide, they still only provide a level 2 security. For general office use, this is safe enough. However, the strips will fill the small bin faster than a cross cut model. If you need more security or wish to reduce the number of trips to the trash, you may consider the cross cut version of this model.
- An 8-3/4 inch opening limits what can easily slide into the shredder. Many users will find this to be adequate for their light duty shredding needs. It does take 10-12 sheets at once and cuts them up to 12 feet per minute, a great rate for a small shredder. A wider paper entry with a higher capacity and faster shredding can be found in higher MBM models.
The Destroyit 2260 is a good choice for a personal strip cut shredder. Quality craftsmanship backed by warranty combined with modern safety features and automatic functions make this machine reliable, safe and uncomplicated. It is definitely one to consider for your next deskside shredder.