Sorry, but Renz RW 3:1 Pitch Wire Binding Machine is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Renz RW 3:1 Pitch Wire Binding Machine
- length, width, height: 14" x 22" x 7.5" [36, 55, 19 cm]
- weight: 28.6 lb. [13 kg]
- selectable punch pins: no
- punching thickness: .090" / 25 sheets (20# paper)
- adjustable margin: no
- binding thickness: up to 1/2" [12 mm] / 120 sheets (20# paper)
- diameter of the wire comb elements: up to 9/16" [14.3 mm]
- binding performance: up to 250 books per hour
- maximum width: up to maximum 11" US / 30 cm [A4]
- number punching pins: 34 (US models 32)
- pitch: 3:1
- number of loops: 11" = 32, DIN A4 = 34
- punching capacity: up to 5,000 sheets per hour
- motor: no
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Renz RW Home Binding Machine Demo Video
Renz RW 3:1 Pitch Wire Binder Review
When it comes to binding your documents, you can’t go wrong with wire binding. This type of document finishing looks great and it’s relatively easy to do when you have the right machine. One device that was designed for this type of binding is the Renz RW 3:1 Pitch Twin-Loop Wire Binding Machine. Here’s what you need to know about this product as well as some advice as to whether it’s worth the money or not.
All about the Renz RW:
- This machine can punch as many as 25 sheets of 20 lb. bond paper at once. In fact, you’ll be able to punch up to 5,000 sheets per hour. This is a very good punching capacity for a manual device and it will allow you to get those pages punched in no time at all.
- Although the punching capacity is great, you need to know that the Renz RW lacks disengageable dies. Thus, the largest size of document you can bind is letter-sized (8.5″ x 11″). Also, the Renz RW lacks an adjustable depth of punch margin control. That means you won’t be able to control where exactly your paper is punched.
- This device is compatible with wire spines that are up to 9/16″ thick. Your books can have a maximum of 120 pages, so this machine is ideal if you frequently work with shorter documents. This machine can bind up to 250 books in one hour, so it’s perfect if you need to produce a lot of work rather quickly.
- Choosing the correct spine will be incredibly easy because the Renz RW has both book thickness and wire size gauges. You can use this to figure out how thick your book is and then choose the right spine. This will save you a lot of time and hassle because you won’t be using the wrong spine to bind your document.
- The wire spines you use need to have a 3:1 pitch. This means there will be three holes punched for every inch along the side of the paper. That’s 33 holes in total which is a typical amount for wire binding.
- The Renz RW has separate handles for punching the paper and opening/closing the wire spines. These are located on the machine’s right side, which may be inconvenient for left-handed users.
- This is one of the most durable binding machines you can buy. It has metal parts that have been designed to stand the test of time.
The Renz RW is a great choice if you need a wire binding machine that’s simple and durable. While it lacks some of the features found in higher end devices – such as an adjustable depth of punch margin control – it nonetheless has a lot to offer. The punching capacity is incredible and it’s always nice to see a machine fashioned out of metal instead of plastic. And you’ll find that your documents look great even though it didn’t take you very long to put them together. So if this sounds good to you, consider getting the Renz RW for your office today.